Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

Intel® Wireless-AC 7260 bluetooth failed

HiDoo
Beginner

Hi,

I recently bought an Intel® Wireless-AC 7260 card to have bluetooth 4.0 and wifi 5ghz.

My computer is a Dell E4310 with W7 64 bits.

The wifi works but the bluetooth keeps crashing and I got Windows code error 43. I tried a ton of drivers from Dell website and Intel and it keeps crashing.

I've tested the card in another computer I borrowed and it works without problem.

Do you guys have every encountered this problem and how I can fix it? The vendor told me to put a tape on a pin or 2 on the card but it doesn't work either.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

According to my records, the final driver packages for the 7260 modules were v21.10.1. I have the installation packages for this version in my OneDrive (Win10 and Win7). Here is link that will get you there: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-jd8YI5NJM9tvEQlH6Q.

I suggest that you do a clean install. Process is as follows:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From Apps & Features, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled.
  6. In Device Manager, check Network Adapters for an entry for Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 7260. If none, go to Step 9.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 7260 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Go to Step 5.
  9. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  11. Install the Bluetooth driver package (rule: always do Bluetooth first).
  12. Install the Wireless driver package.
  13. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  14. Enable Internet access.
  15. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User
What versions of the driver have you tried?
0 Kudos
HiDoo
Beginner

I've tried the following ones:

BT 3.1.1306
BT 3.1.1307
BT 3.1.13.11
BT 17.0.1403
BT 17.0.1405
BT 17.1.1524
BT 17.1.1529
BT 20.60.0
BT 21.10.1

I've also disabled the native bluetooth card in the BIOS (Dell Wireless 375)

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

You wrote that the NIC worked in another computer. Was the other computer the same model as the one you have? If not, what OS did the other computer have?

I notice on the Dell site for that laptop there was a BIOS update released, and it was marked urgent. Have you updated the laptop's BIOS to the latest? Support for Windows 7 ended just over a year ago. What service pack and OS revision level are you running?

0 Kudos
HiDoo
Beginner

The other computer was a HP Elitebook 840 G1 with W7 64bits as well.

The BIOS version of my Dell Latitude is A15 with W7 64bits and the latest available updates from WSUS.

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

I see from the specifications for the Dell E4310 there is native Bluetooth 3.0 and wireless options. Where any of these things installed and functional before adding the AC-7260? If so, did you uninstall any of the legacy drivers for the devices once you added the AC-7260?

Do you know if the legacy Bluetooth or wireless is able to be enabled and disabled from the BIOS?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

According to my records, the final driver packages for the 7260 modules were v21.10.1. I have the installation packages for this version in my OneDrive (Win10 and Win7). Here is link that will get you there: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtacZBU04mo-jd8YI5NJM9tvEQlH6Q.

I suggest that you do a clean install. Process is as follows:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From Apps & Features, check for instances of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none, skip to step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance of Intel PROSet/Wireless Software and Intel Wireless Bluetooth that is present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings".
  5. Manually reboot your computer, keeping Internet access disabled.
  6. In Device Manager, check Network Adapters for an entry for Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 7260. If none, go to Step 9.
  7. Right click on the entry for Intel Dual-Band Wireless-AC 7260 and uninstall it, choosing to (checkmark) Delete the driver software for this device.
  8. Go to Step 5.
  9. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  11. Install the Bluetooth driver package (rule: always do Bluetooth first).
  12. Install the Wireless driver package.
  13. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  14. Enable Internet access.
  15. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
HiDoo
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. We are almost done! The bluetooth works (power on/power off ok) and doesn't crash anymore (no error code 43 anymore).

I just have 3 warning for Bluetooth device in the device manager. How should I fix them? I'm afraid if I ask WSUS to find them It will crash again the bluetooth.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
HiDoo
Beginner

OK I got it, that's from the native bluetooth card Broadcom. Should I install the drivers for this card even if I've disabled it in the BIOS?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

If you disabled the legacy Bluetooth device within BIOS, but it was functional with the device enabled, then I would remove the device from Device Manager. The driver(s) cannot detect the hardware since BIOS essentially removed them, hence they are reporting an error.

I'm glad you got it to work.

0 Kudos