Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Intel Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz crashes whenever I ping a game server

JAlex18
Beginner

I am encountering an issue whereby the network adapter crashes whenever I attempt to connect to a game server (any game). The event viewer displays the following events:

6666 - Firmware dbgc dump trigger

5007 - TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

5005 - Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed.

5002 - Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly.

10400 - The network interface "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets. Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has reset 242 time(s) since it was last initialized.

I have tried several versions of the network card driver: Intel's latest generic driver, the out of the box driver (windows reset) & the driver from the manufacturer's website.

This is only occurring when the option to connect to 802.11ac is enabled. However disabling this setting results in an unstable and slow internet connection.

Attached SSU report

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AdrianM_Intel

Hello JAlex18,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

• Can you normally get connected to any web pages?
  • Can you please provide the model of your router?
  • Have you tested without firewall in order to rule out any security protocol that might be blocking you from getting connected to any game server?
  • Have you tested different networks?
  • Have you checked if your router is blocking the ports you need to use to access your games? (ports with the Port Forwarding feature of the router).

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JAlex18
Beginner

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for getting back to me.

• Yes, I can browse the internet, download files and watch videos normally.
  • My router is a Virgin Media Hub 3.0
  • I have tried connecting with the firewall switched off and produced the same results
  • I have not been able to test a different network, although I don't see how the network could be causing the network adapter to return the events listed
  • I do not believe this to be the case as I am able to connect to these servers on a different laptop on the same network.

Regards,

Jordan

0 Kudos
JAlex18
Beginner

Hi again Adrian

I seem to have found the issue. I came across a similar looking issue with a different network card on these forums which identified they were having problems when connecting with 5ghz and the channel width set to 'Auto'. When this setting is changed to '20Mhz Only' I no longer encounter any issues.

Kind regards,

Jordan

0 Kudos
AdrianM_Intel

Hello JAlex18,

Thank you for the update.

I am glad to know you were able to find a solution.

Hopefully, these steps can help other peers.

Regards,

Adrian M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos