Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC-9560 160mhz problems with drivers

ThatPolishGuy
Beginner

Hello. After a long time of using Windows 10 1809 i decided to do a lil upgrade; Clean install of Windows 11 from a pendrive. Windows update for some reason failed to download my drivers so I downloaded them from acer, intel and nvidia website. Everything worked perfectly fine, UNTIL I tried to install a game, and saw that my connection is being slow as hell. Normally I had 250mb/s and now I can't get over 40mb/s. I tried all different drivers, the newest, a little older, these from microsoft (that worked for a while but after a restart also slowed down) but no success. I had the same problem after installing Windows 10 21h1 last week. It's not a problem with my router or connection. It works fine from a cable but for some goddamn reason doesn't work good wirelessly. My laptop is Acer Aspire 5 a515-52g, and it's not under guarantee. I have written a post about this on microsoft and acer website multiple times but no one gives a **bleep** about me. Hopefully here someone will help me. Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ThatPolishGuy,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. What is the brand and model name of your router?

3. What is the name of the game affected?

4. Can you take a short video where we can see the issue?

5. Does this happen with other games? If so, which ones?

6. Do you have this problem with both bands (5GHJz, 2.4GHz)?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
ThatPolishGuy
Beginner

Hi. Answering to your questions, I don't know what my router model is. On any other device in my house it is ALWAYS 250mb/s+ and on my laptop with Windows 11 it's sometimes 40, sometimes 80 or 110. It's really random and I have no idea why. No games or normal usage is affected, but when I download bigger files like Windows ISO's or games it's a lot slower. This issue never happened to me, and seems to appear on newer versions of Windows only, and yes it appears with both bands. Updating the driver from  22.70 to 22.90 seems to fix this issue slightly (Now it locks on 60-70mb/s instead of 40mb/s). I'm pretty sure it's a driver issue, and as I see it's only affecting me. This issue is annoying me as hell. Every time I want to download something big I have to go to the living room and connect it via ethernet cable. I tried really everything; different drivers (even from different manufactures), limiting Windows Update bandwidth, debloating windows, built-in trouble shooter that OF COURSE can't identify the issue, disabling windows defender and firewall, changing DNS server, sfc /scannow or resetting network settings. NOTHING WORKS. It's a driver issue. Thank you.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ThatPolishGuy, 

In order to help you further, please try the following:

1. Steps that you can do to fix disconnections and slow speed issues on your wireless connection:

A) Enable Unscheduled Automatic Power Save Delivery (uAPSD) on Wireless Advanced Settings

B) Make sure that the other Wireless Advanced Settings are set to the recommended values

C) Install the latest driver for your wireless card

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

2. If the issue persists, try the steps from this article:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059532/wireless.html

I will be waiting for the outcome.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ThatPolishGuy, 

Were you able to check the previous post and try the steps recommended? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
ThatPolishGuy
Beginner
Hello Deivid. I was able to fix this issue by reinstalling windows. Now, i use the network drivers that intel provides, and not acer. It means Intel Driver Support Utility fixed my issue. Thank you very much for your advice. Have a nice christmas!
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello ThatPolishGuy, 

I am glad to hear that you were able to fix the issue by reinstalling Windows and using the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant to install the drivers. 

If you encounter this or any other issues, do not hesitate to open a new thread to get proper support.

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos