Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel Wireless-AC 9560 Not Working (Code 10)

InnocentOtter
Beginner

Computer Model: MSI GP73 Leopard 8RE-609

Things I've tried:

• Reboot Computer
  • Uninstall the driver from the device manager then scan for hardware changes and reboot the computer.
  • Uninstall the driver from the device manager then reboot the computer.
  • Uninstall the driver from the device manager then install the driver obtained from the MSI site and reboot the computer.
  • Test with an external adapter to ensure that a virus is not interfering with wifi access.
  • Boot into safe mode to see if wifi shows up there.
  • Update the BIOS to the most current one on the MSI website.
  • Turned the WLAN AutoConfig service off then back on again.
  • New installation of Windows 10.
  • Installed a new Wifi card, reinstalling drivers after hardware installation.

Reinstalling the drivers in any of the manners will allow the wifi card to show up in the Network Connections list for a few seconds before it disappears again.

20210630_121637.jpg20210630_121708.jpg

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

InnocentOtter,

Congrats on doing all the most obvious steps to resolve this. I have one suggestion to try that is not on your list. I would completely reset the BIOS on the laptop. It is possible the settings got clobbered, and despite your reloading the latest BIOS, the settings are somehow preventing the device from allowing the Wi-Fi adapter to function properly. I am attaching a link to an article from MSI on how to clear the BIOS. The page is here: https://www.msi.com/faq/faq-2394

Have you contacted MSI support on this? Since you tried more than one Wi-Fi adapter and you get the same error, the problem is most likely not the adapter. If the clearing of BIOS does not help, I believe MSI may have some ideas.

0 Kudos
InnocentOtter
Beginner

I'll give that a try tomorrow when I get back into the office.

0 Kudos
InnocentOtter
Beginner

As expected this had no effect on the error.

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

What does MSI support have to say on the subject?

0 Kudos