Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 not detected on Windows Server 2019

JH7
Beginner

While installing Windows Server 2019 on an ASRock B360M Pro4 mainboard with an integrated Intel® Wireless-AC 9560, the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows® 10" v20.100.0 and "Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10" v20.90.1 driver installers complete without errors but leave unidentified devices in Windows device manager.

The unidentified devices in Windows device manager are labeled as

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A370&SUBSYS_00308086&REV_10 (Intel® Wireless-AC 9560)

BTH\MS_BTHPAN (Bluetooth)

A similar installation of Windows 10 1809 on the same hardware succeeds and displays the 9560 WLAN adapter in Windows device manager.

Now I recognize that the driver packages are not explicitly labeled as suitable for Windows Server 2019 - but since they apparently executed just fine I had hoped that they would have a noticable effect in Windows device manager.

Is there any known way of activating the WLAN and Bluetooth functionality of an Intel AC 9560 in Windows Server 2019?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Hello JH7, Our drivers are not validated to work with server operating systems. In fact, the drivers available for the Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 are intended for Windows 10 only. In this case, you can try checking through the windows update for any version. For more information visit: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005602/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
If you need further assistance let us know. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
If you have more questions, please let us know. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
I have not heard back from you so I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please post a new question. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PChan99
Beginner

I had the same problem when installing Intel 9560 on Windows Server 2019 initially. The Intel driver for Windows 10 will failed on Windows server during the initial installation..

I searched the Internet and found similar question being asked, but when you ask question on internet, you will just find questions, no solutions. Typical internet this days.

I found the solution myself instead. In fact Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019 is the same OS but different setting only. Windows 10 installed and activate most of windows service automatically, on the other hand for Windows server, Most services need to be installed and activated manually by the user. and Wireless services is one of them.

Once you have Wireless service activated in the Windows Server. The intel 9560 driver worked just fine There Is Nothing To Do with Verification or Certification.