Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel Wireless AC-9650 Won't Start - Error Code 10

Mooky
Beginner

Hello,

I have a very tricky problem I am hoping to get help with. I am writing you from a completely stock computer. This is a brand new fresh windows installation via installation media flash drive on a new custom desktop. My Wireless AC-9650 is inside of my ASUS Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI motherboard. My cpu: intel i3-9100F.

Recently, in May, my computer which I had just built, did an update. I don't know exactly what patch of windows 10 it went from, but it updated to a very recent or possible the most recent version of windows 10. After this occurred, the wifi card has completely stopped functioning. I am unable to connect to wifi for this reason, although Bluetooth is functional.

Some other info:

1. I have attached the .txt file that SSU gave me for additional context

2. The error code I get via control panel is, "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

3. Driver version installed: 21.90.3.2

4. Driver Date: 05/04/2020 <--(this is interesting because I just completely reset windows from installation media with an ethernet cable plugged into the comp, so why wouldn't this be a more recent version?)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Mooky,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

I understand that you are getting an error code 10 with your wireless adapter. There can be several things that may be causing this behavior.

To better assist you please provide the following information:

·        What was the driver version prior to the Operating System update?

·        Have you tried rolling back the driver to that previous version?

·        How did you perform the update of the Wireless adapter to that version?

After checking the SSU we can see that you are running the latest version of the wireless driver, I noticed that your motherboard manufacturer provides a customized version for the WLAN+BT driver.

I would recommend a clean installation of that driver; you can find the driver here.

Also, please check the following article with all the steps to perform a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers.

Esteban D. 

Intel Technical Support Technician

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?   

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

Intel Technical Support Technician   

0 Kudos
Mooky
Beginner

Hello,

I gave this solution a try and still didn't find success. I am beginning to suspect there is a serious hardware issue and that the wifi card on the mobo is defective. Which, is a shame considering this is a brand new mobo.

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Hello Mooky,

Thank you so much for the update.

I understand that the issue persists even after the fresh installation of the Wireless driver.

You can refer to the following article for additional troubleshooting steps related to the error code 10 for Wireless adapters.

If the issue persists, I would strongly recommend checking with the OEM of your system.

So you can check if this behavior could be related to a hardware failure.

Esteban D. 

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Please let me know if you need further assistance.   

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos
Esteban_D_Intel

We have not heard back from you. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored  

Esteban D.  

0 Kudos