Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel Wireless Bluetooth device can't keep up with two JoyCon controllers

JSmar2
Beginner

I have an Intel Wireless Bluetooth adapter that came with my Windows 10 laptop. My laptop came with an Intel Wireless-AC 9560, but the Bluetooth adapter just identifies as "Intel Wireless Bluetooth for Windows 10". I have BT driver version 20.90.1.1 installed.

I've been using Nintendo JoyCons connected by Bluetooth to play games on my computer. As each device is half a controller, I need two connected to play games properly.

With one device connected, it's responsive and fine -- input lag is imperceptible. With two connected, the first connected device becomes very laggy.

On my work computer, which has a Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter, I have no connection issues. Two connected devices are perfectly responsive, with no perceptible lag.

But the Intel Wireless Bluetooth adapter is part of my gaming computer, and that's where I really want to use the JoyCons. Is there anything that can be done to fix its responsiveness with multiple devices?

Is this a bug, or is it a limitation I should've anticipated from its specs? I'm considering buying a USB Bluetooth adapter, but I don't know what features to look for to know for sure that it'll fix my problem.

So those are my two questions:

1. Can this be fixed with my Intel Wireless Bluetooth adapter?
  2. If not, how do I know whether a USB adapter can handle multiple devices as well as I need (and expect) it to before I buy it?

Thanks for your time,

Jibb

0 Kudos
22 Replies
JSmar2
Beginner
Thank you, Amy. Sorry for my sporadic replies. We had a baby two weeks ago and are very busy. Will get back to you if I need further help. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Amy_C_Intel1
Employee
Don't worry Jibb! You can always reply to this thread. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos