Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel Wireless Bluetooth keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

BenRoehler
Beginner

Hi I've tried as much as I've been able to so I'll name off what i've done.

1.Troubleshooting

2.Uninstalling and reinstalling drivers

3.Updating drivers

4.Disconnecting it

5.Disabling it in device manager and enabling it again

6.Restarting my computer

I don't know what to do next!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

BenRoehler,

You don't mention anything about the hardware, operating system, and what devices are using the Bluetooth.

Please download and run the Intel System Support Utility. The SSU collects hardware and operating system information. That will show the hardware, CPU, wireless adapter, etc. There is nothing personally identifiable. Once you open the SSU, leave the defaults and click Scan, then click Next. Then save the report as a file. Report back to the post and attach the file.

The Intel SSU can be found here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

0 Kudos
BenRoehler
Beginner

Terribly sorry I forgot to include the file

0 Kudos
Khun_Doug
Valued Contributor I

BenRoehler,

The SSU report indicates this was likely a custom or home built PC. The wireless adapter is not part of the board and must be added to the M.2 socket. The SSU report also does not list ANY Bluetooth device, indicating why things won't connect. Looking further into the SSU report I see OS messages that indicate the Bluetooth adapter has failed and was unloaded. In essence, it appears the AC-3168 wireless adapter has a failed Bluetooth module.

"The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded."

You can try reseating the wireless adapter and making sure the antennas are properly connected. But, in all likelihood, the adapter has just failed and needs to be replaced.

0 Kudos