Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel ax210 capture only 11a frames

manohark
Beginner

Dear Dear expert, 

I brought AX210 chip and placed it in HP laptop(M.2) and installed all required packages to work in monitor mode. But in wireshark i can see frames are in 11a mode. No VHT, HE frames are seen.

where as when i connect to AP i can see higher rates. Which means chips is connected properly.

Can some one help what is wrong?

sudo modprobe -r iwlwifi
sudo modprobe iwlwifi debug=0x1
sudo ifconfig wlo1 down
sudo iw wlo1 set type monitor
sudo ifconfig wlo1 up
sudo iw wlo1 set freq 5180 HT40+

0 Kudos
5 Replies
manohark
Beginner

syslog:

Line 5: Aug 4 14:08:13 test-HP-ZBook-14-G2 kernel: [ 43.046300] platform regulatory.0: Direct firmware load for regulatory.db failed with error -2
Line 10: Aug 4 14:08:13 test-HP-ZBook-14-G2 kernel: [ 43.051709] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwl-dbg-cfg.ini failed with error -2
Line 22: Aug 4 14:08:13 test-HP-ZBook-14-G2 kernel: [ 43.052659] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwl-debug-yoyo.bin failed with error -2
Line 34: Aug 4 14:08:13 test-HP-ZBook-14-G2 kernel: [ 43.222314] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-ty-a0-gf-a0.pnvm failed with error -2
Line 71: Aug 4 14:08:32 test-HP-ZBook-14-G2 kernel: [ 61.531203] iwlwifi 0000:03:00.0: Direct firmware load for iwlwifi-ty-a0-gf-a0.pnvm failed with error -2

0 Kudos
manohark
Beginner
0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello manohark,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer:   https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?  

3. Have you tried the latest Intel drivers?

4. Have you checked with HP for drivers and instructions?

Regards,  

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
manohark
Beginner

My issue is in ubuntu laptop.

After using below packages issue resolved.

• Ensure that the laptop is connected to the internet .
  • Install packages

1. sudo apt update
  2. sudo apt -y install wireshark wireshark-qt aircrack-ng tcpdump

• Copy Wi-FiTestSuite_Sniffer-HE-6E-Linux_vx.x.x.tar.gz to /home/<user>.
    copied here \\selma\WLAN_CE\HastingsPrime\6E_sniffer

• unzip the package and go to the unzipped directory.

tar -zxvf Wi-FiTestSuite_Sniffer-HE-6E-Linux_vx.x.x.tar.gz

cd Wi-FiTestSuite_Sniffer-HE-6E-Linux_vx.x.x/

• Execute the install script in root

./INSTALL

• All required packages and drivers are installed. Reboot the PC.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel

Hello manohark, 

Thanks for the information provided, 

I am glad to hear that you were able to fix the issue, this information may help anyone that faces the same issue as you.

I will proceed to close this thread, however, feel free to check the following link to have more information about our support for Linux:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005511/wireless.html

Regards, 

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos