Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7458 Discussions

Intel driver & support assistant fails to install Bluetooth update

six-h
New Contributor I

I am advised (and not, as I recall for the first time) that a driver update for my equipment is available:-

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® Driver for Windows® 10 64-Bit and Windows 11* for Intel® NUC Kits & Mini PCs

Having gone through the performance of downloading, and asking me if I really want to update to this offered version and replying in the affirmative, I am then asked if I want a typical, bespoke or complete installation.

Selecting "Typical" the support assistant then appears to "install" the update finally announcing that "the update has failed"!

No explanation, just that the update has "failed"

Just what is the point in having this piece of software on my machine when it lies dormant for years and occasionally prompts me to install an updated BT driver which always fails to install?

Grrr!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

In order to get better information about your system, please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan (check "Everything") and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post.

Leon

0 Kudos
TheSaid
Beginner

I have the exact same issue, and I know where this begin. When I installed Armory Crate from Asus. I have a z790E gaming Wifi. Since that day, there has been many errors in some software updates. For example: Ai suite installation or Fan Xpert as you wish to call it, presents an error message. 

Now, whenever I run the Intel Driver and Support app in Windows, it shows the BT driver as not installed and as an "error". Eventhough BT works "well" with the majority of devices, I cant pair Xbox Controllers, while Gulikit controllers can be paired no problem.

Im attaching the scan you requested above.

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos