Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel dual band wireless-ac 3168 Bluetooth driver issue

JEato4
Beginner

I am using an Intel dual band wireless-ac 3168. The internet connectivity is functional. However, the bluetooth driver is in a constant refresh loop in device manager. I am unable to connect to any bluetooth device. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the bluetooth driver without success.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JvanH13
Beginner

Same here...

Intel® Wireless Bluetooth®

• Driver Details
  • Up to date
  • Provider
  • Intel Corporation
  • Version
  • Date
  • 3/10/2019
  • Device Details
  • Manufacturer
  • Intel Corporation
  • Status
  • OK
  • Device Id
  • USB\VID_8087&PID_0A2A\5&350590a7&0&8

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello JEato4

Thank you for posting in the Intel Community.

·        Are you having any error code in device manager?

·        Is this the Intel® wireless that came preinstalled on the system?

·        Have you reviewed the adapter's port and antenna connections? 

·        In order to help you better, I would like to gather more information about the configuration you have on the computer. Please attach to this thread the TXT file the Intel® System Support Utility will generate: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

·        Steps to save the report:

1-   Run the utility.

2-   Click on “Scan” to get the scanned system.

3-   Once the scan is complete click on “next”.

4-   Use the “save” option, save the report to your desktop.

5-   To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

JvanH13 I recommend creating a new thread to isolate you case and system configuration, please make sure you add the information of the system model and specs, detail information of the problem that you are having, plus all the information that you have added to this thread, so we can get more information about the problem.

Regards,

Leonardo C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JEato4
Beginner

Hello,

• Device manager indicates it is working properly
  • It is the preinstalled hardware
  • I removed and reinstalled the antennas to no avail
  • Attached is the TXT file requested

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello JEato4

I am looking into your Intel® System Support Utility report and I noticed that you are using ASRock* Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 (https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z390%20Phantom%20Gaming%204/) and it does not include the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 (based on the motherboard specifications).

It would be important to confirm with ASRock* (https://www.asrock.com/support/) if the adapter is compatible with the system, and what is the proper system settings and set up to use the Intel® adapter.

Please take into consideration the Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade (https://isvc.lightning.force.com/lightning/r/Case/5000P00000qShJ3QAK/view).

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
JEato4
Beginner

Thank you, I will check with ASRock. However, this is a rebuilt PC by iBuy Power. The Bluetooth had been working for almost a year and the wireless internet (same card if I am correct) continues to work.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello JEato4

If you bought your system as it is (3rd party reseller) it would the better contacting them in case the system is still under warranty.  

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
JEato4
Beginner

iBuy Power recommended that I reinstall Windows 10. I do not believe this to be the best course of action. Would you have another suggestion? I believe it to be a driver issue.

0 Kudos
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello JEato4

You might want to review the antenna integrity with Ibuy power since they have integrated the system, in addition, the advice to reinstall the operating system (OS) is good to test if the issue is persistent on a fresh OS, if the OS came preinstalled on the system it is recommended to get guidance from the reseller to avoid losing the warranty of the system.  

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
bjmorch
Beginner

I am having this same issue.  It began when I changed the security option on my router through the browser on my computer.  I changed it from TKIP+AES to AES.  I was doing this so that I could change the channel that my wireless was transmitting on.

I have a ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac and it has the onboard AC-3168 with it.  I have tried multiple times to update the driver from 20.100.6.4 to 21.90.2 but it does not want to do that.  In the Device Manager, if the Bluetooth device is enabled, it is in a constant refresh cycle and beeps like it is being disconnected every 3 seconds or so.  It will stop beeping if I disable it.  I am unable to connect any bluetooth devices to my computer at this time either while it is enabled or disabled.  The properties show that everything is "working properly".

I have attached my computer config to this comment.  If I should start another case, please let me know, but this issue seemed to be the exact same as mine.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@bjmorch,

Each person's issue(s) are NOT the same. To the untrained, they may appear to have the same symptom(s), but could have a completely different cause. [Aside: your's sounds more like a hardware failure.] Please open a new conversation and we will look at your issue separately.

...S

0 Kudos