Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel-i7 Gen 11 Bluetooth issues

peter_hendrix
New Contributor I

On my Dell XPS-13 2-in-1 I experience Bluetooth issues when using my mouse.

When using the mouse after a few seconds of inactivity, it skips a few beets. This means the pointer will 'jump' a few centimeters.

It looks like the mouse does send the signal but the signal is only interpreted a tiny moment later. This behavior makes a Bluetooth mouse virtually unusable.

Actions to reproduce:

• Hook up a Bluetooth mouse.
  • Hold it still for a few moments.
  • Move it, you should see it 'jump'.

Source of the problem:

• Tested two different mice, one Microsoft and one Logitech
  • Tested the mice on different laptops computers

The problem consequently occurs on the Dell with this hardware and the same mice show no problems on any other computer. I don't have another computer (yet) with an Intel i7 Gen11 to test.

1 Solution
MarcinGalczynski

Hey,

There is a working resolution to this, apparently common, issue. Found it on Dell forum - Solved: XPS 9310 - Bluetooth lag with Logitech MX Keys + MX Master 3 - Page 19 - Dell Community

* Click Windows icon (start)
* Type regedit
* Right click regedit
* Click Run as administrator
* Navigate to =
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_8087&PID_0026\5&ed1e05a&0&10\Device Parameters]
"DeviceSelectiveSuspended"=dword:00000000
"SelectiveSuspendEnabled"=dword:00000000
"SelectiveSuspendSupported"=dword:00000000

It worked for me on MSI Prestige 14 Evo with i7-1185. A welcome relief after months of nothing from official MSI support.

View solution in original post

91 Replies
jptruman
Beginner

The Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver update from today (22.40.0.2) seems to have made this issue moderately better, but still not fully resolved. Still seeing some freezing when left inactive, but not nearly as much.

0 Kudos
Jeff03
New Contributor I

Not much better for me.  I really wish Intel would get their act together and fix this.

Netzpfuscher
Beginner

I have the problem too and another problem. I think it is related...

If a USB-Serial converter is connected and the com port is opened I get hanging mouse and "restarting" keyboard. Like the complete usb hub is resetting. But if I get some CPU load (playing a mp3 is enough) all the problems are gone.

Same with a microprocessor programmer, I cannot flash a cypress microcontroller. Everytime the programmer resets and aborts... Until I play a mp3 ^^

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello

The Intel wireless engineering team is actively working on this Bluetooth issue. Once we have updates, they will be posted on the thread.

For @Jeff03 and @Dermeni, we will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile requesting some reports that may contain sensitive information.

Regards,

David G

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
RamKrishna
Beginner

I am having issue with Galaxy Buds on this 11th gen i5 processor. On other devices like on my macbook air early 2015 bluetooth audio just works fine.

I found out that this issue is very specific to this gen of intel processor, please tell if this is even fixable or is it due to design of wifi and bluetooth on board ?

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Hello @peter_hendrix

As a friendly reminder, we're waiting for the report that must be provided via email to work on a fix for this issue. Please let us know once you have the information available.

Regards,

David G

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MarcinGalczynski

Hey,

There is a working resolution to this, apparently common, issue. Found it on Dell forum - Solved: XPS 9310 - Bluetooth lag with Logitech MX Keys + MX Master 3 - Page 19 - Dell Community

* Type regedit
* Right click regedit
* Navigate to =
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_8087&PID_0026\5&ed1e05a&0&10\Device Parameters]

It worked for me on MSI Prestige 14 Evo with i7-1185. A welcome relief after months of nothing from official MSI support.

peter_hendrix
New Contributor I

@MarcinGalczynski , thanks I will test this as soon as I have provided the diagnostic data to @David_G_Intel 

@David_G_Intel , sorry for the delay... will follow-up quickly.

peter_hendrix
New Contributor I

@MarcinGalczynski : life-saver, his looks like it solves the problem!

P.S. You might add that a reboot is required.

@David_G_Intel : This must help you in the right direction I would think...

0 Kudos
Netzpfuscher
Beginner
It's not a real solution. I and others tested it in the Dell forum. This "fix" sometimes results in bluescreens when the notebook tries to go in standby or wakes up. The mouse stutter is gone but bluescreens are much worse.
peter_hendrix
New Contributor I

Oops... I will share my encounters here. Hope the information points Intel in the right direction.

0 Kudos
peter_hendrix
New Contributor I

Still no bluescreens yet. Hopefully this post will not jinx it.

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

Thank,

It seems to work also for Asus UX425EA.

0 Kudos
MarcinGalczynski

As I see there are people still following this thread a short update from me. 

1. I did NOT notice issues with battery draining or USB PM issues after applying the above to my MSI, though I mostly used the laptop stationary and by default, I would switch it off instead of putting it to sleep - a habit of mine.

2. I did try going with the latest & greatest from Microsoft by switching to Insiders Dev channel - and while that did solve a strange hanging issue I had with my MSI 14 Evo, as the system froze on teleconferences when there were multiple devices and monitors connected trough a TB3 hub, it did NOT resolve the mouse/keyboard stutter

3. I switched to using Logitech's universal receiver, which did work OK

4. I was not too fond of the Dev channel, as It required large updates frequently, and getting back to the current version brought back the hanging issue, so... I went a generation back and got a laptop with i9-10885. And guess what - no more freezing or mouse/keyboard stutter on BT

I wonder how the new 11th gen H processors will behave.

0 Kudos
peter_hendrix
New Contributor I

I stand corrected. It looked better at first but now everything got worse.

It looks like the problem also jumped to my USB keyboard and mouse.

I use the XPS-13 connected via USB-C/TB to a Dell U2421E monitor. My USB keyboard is hooked up to the monitor.

Both on my work sometimes the keyboard does not recognize my keystroke and sometimes I get 20 keystroke on one hit.

Same monitors, different keyboard but both Dell keyboards.

A lot of trouble with the XPS-13 i7 11th gen.

0 Kudos
almex
Beginner

I've tried that solution. It remove Bluetooth lag but instead then I'm experiencing an overheating issue whenever my computer go to Sleep mode (my computer: Dell XPS 13 9310 2-in1)

So either I choose to have Bluetooth Lag with my Logitech Master MX 3 or I choose to not use stand-by mode anymore on my computer.

0 Kudos
AndreiM
Novice

I have the same problem.

• Dell XPS 13 9310.
  • 2 different mice were tested: Logi MX 3, Microsoft Surface Arc.
  • All the latest drivers from windows update are tested.
  • Native Intel drives are also tested.

Nothing helps.

However a little Bluetooth 5.0 dongle works. No laggings. For the mouse as well as for the bluetooth keyboard.

It is obvious that the problem either with an Intel driver, or with a hardware.

Bluetooth dongle works when the laptop is docked. However on the go the working experience is a nightmare.

Waiting for the driver update asap.

0 Kudos
Shay2007
New Contributor I

The solution that previously posted work for me. And the problem with lags stop.

* Type regedit
* Right click regedit
* Navigate to =

Can you share if it work for you also?

0 Kudos
AndreiM
Novice

Thank you. I did it, and for the moment (with a very few tests) it seems to work well.

Thank you one more time.

0 Kudos
Marcus_St
New Contributor I

Same issue here. I can confirm the mouse stuttering with two Intel 11th gen devices (XPS 9310, Inspiron 5406) and 2 different BLE mouse devices. I can also confirm that the exact same issue occurs OS independent! It happens on Windows Devices and Linux devices.

The registry fix does work partly on Windows but crashes the devices sleep modes. The devices crash frequently when going to "standby" on a BIOS level.

@David_G_Intel is Intel still working on the issue? Is there anything I can do to support? Create log files? Debug something?

As of now, BLE peripherals are not usable on 11th gen Intel laptops which is extremely annoying.

Marcus_St
New Contributor I

Same issue here. I can confirm the mouse stuttering with two Intel 11th gen devices (XPS 9310, Inspiron 5406) and 2 different BLE mouse devices (Logitech MX Anywhere 3, HP Spectre 700 mouse). I can also confirm that the exact same issue occurs OS independent! It happens on Windows Devices and Linux devices.

The registry fix does work partly on Windows but crashes the devices sleep modes. The devices crash frequently when going to "standby" on a BIOS level.

@David_G_Intel is Intel still working on the issue? Is there anything I can do to support? Create log files? Debug something?

As of now, BLE peripherals are not usable on 11th gen Intel laptops which is extremely annoying.

This issue is NOT solved!