Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Intel-i7 Gen 11 Bluetooth issues

peter_hendrix
New Contributor I

On my Dell XPS-13 2-in-1 I experience Bluetooth issues when using my mouse.

When using the mouse after a few seconds of inactivity, it skips a few beets. This means the pointer will 'jump' a few centimeters.

It looks like the mouse does send the signal but the signal is only interpreted a tiny moment later. This behavior makes a Bluetooth mouse virtually unusable.

Actions to reproduce:

• Hook up a Bluetooth mouse.
  • Hold it still for a few moments.
  • Move it, you should see it 'jump'.

Source of the problem:

• Tested two different mice, one Microsoft and one Logitech
  • Tested the mice on different laptops computers

The problem consequently occurs on the Dell with this hardware and the same mice show no problems on any other computer. I don't have another computer (yet) with an Intel i7 Gen11 to test.

1 Solution
MarcinGalczynski

Hey,

There is a working resolution to this, apparently common, issue. Found it on Dell forum - Solved: XPS 9310 - Bluetooth lag with Logitech MX Keys + MX Master 3 - Page 19 - Dell Community

* Click Windows icon (start)
* Type regedit
* Right click regedit
* Click Run as administrator
* Navigate to =
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_8087&PID_0026\5&ed1e05a&0&10\Device Parameters]
"DeviceSelectiveSuspended"=dword:00000000
"SelectiveSuspendEnabled"=dword:00000000
"SelectiveSuspendSupported"=dword:00000000

It worked for me on MSI Prestige 14 Evo with i7-1185. A welcome relief after months of nothing from official MSI support.

View solution in original post

91 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Are you peter_hendrix? If not, open your own conversation to track your issue. When you piggyback on someone else's conversation, it doesn't help with the priority of the issue; it is still only one person being represented. If you really want to have an impact on the address of a problem, open your own conversation. That's it. End of discussion. Do the right thing.

...S

0 Kudos
MarcinGalczynski

Dear Scott,

You are so right, and You got the problem right. The point is that I do not wish to have an impact on the address of the problem. I want to connect with others having this problem, share experience, and seek solutions, even if partial. Everybody starting their own conversation is just the opposite.

I wonder what dragged You here to this thread? Do You want to help? If You are, as it says, a retired employee of Intel, then maybe I could ask You to use Your connections to bring Your - still Intel - colleagues' attention to this problem?

--best regards

Marcin

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Look, at the end of the day, what gets fixed is what has the highest priority. A significant component (though not the only) of what has the highest priority is who is asking and who they represent. Dell or HP bringing an issue to Intel means that a significant number of customers are being  affected and thus the priority needs to be higher. A single person bringing an issue here means that one person is affected. Believe me, you saying 'I have the same problem' means little; it is the number of tickets that get opened and only one is opened for each conversation that is occurring. If you want to raise the priority of the issue, open a separate conversation, even if all you do is take part in this conversation.

I am a volunteer here; nothing more. I help where I can. I do use my contacts when it is beneficial, but I have to be careful when I do so. The more that I complain through my back channels, the less impact that I am going to have. It is thus something that I must use very sparingly. A problem reported my multiple people, through multiple conversations, up through ICS is going to go a lot further than me calling a technical contact that I might have had once upon a time. This goes especially for the graphics and LAN/WLAN/BT organizations, where I knew very few - most of which are retired like I am and smart enough to not get involved like I do (I am a glutton for punishment).

...S

0 Kudos
chris_swiss
Novice

At the end of the day, it's satisfied customers that allow a manufacturer to pay their employees a salary and develop more innovative products.
Now here we have a specific series of Tiger Lake UP3 designs that do not work properly with the most common operating system and common hardware.
If in many forums, including this one, a registry hack is defined as a solution, this is perceived as such by the users after all.
Intel doesn't bother to point out the risks of a change in the registry. Or is this registry tweak supposed to be the solution Intel recommends?
The registry hack fixes the lag problem, but also causes more heat generation in my case, even when my device is in standby. Others report no more lags, but bluescreens. For security reasons, I have reverted the registry adjustment.
What will it take for this problem to finally be addressed with the priority it deserves? A user injured by an exploded battery? People are changing delicate power settings of hardware, not trivial program settings.
I, as well as other users report this problem on the Intel forum and those of the device manufacturer. Mine, as well as other manufacturers, confirm the problem. I opened my discussion here on June 6, 2021. The problem has existed since the beginning of the year and soon we will have Christmas. I do not ask for more than working system. If you don't respect my humble request, please don't reply. It only frustrates me more to work with Intel technology.

Regards
Chris

0 Kudos
felixfabc
Beginner

I had the same problem in a hp probook G430 G8 equipped with the INTEL AX201 nework adapter. It was solved with the new WLAN controller 22.70.0.6 received from HP in the sp123564 service pack.

Hope it helps!

0 Kudos
lcox
Beginner

Hello, I have the exact same issue on a Dell 5420, after scouring the internet for answers, uninstalling and reinstalling multiple versions of drivers, making sure power saving options are turned off, I continue to have this highly repeatable mouse issue. 

The mouse I am using is a Logitech M585 running on a Dell5420 with the Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160 Mhz adapter. 

Symptoms:  Mouse jumps and takes a bit to come back to life after sitting for 5-6 seconds. moving the mouse a small distance will "keep alive" the mouse and the issue wont occur. Leave the mouse for 5 seconds without input and it will not respond for a second then snap to position. Running the same mouse on other machines does not encounter this issue. mouse works fine when in dongle mode on the same machine. 

To me it seems that there is some firmware or driver that is trying to save power and takes a while to wake up after receiving new data from the mouse. An HID shouldn't have this issue. I would never purchase a wifi adapter like this if I knew about this problem. 

0 Kudos
chris_swiss
Novice

Hi

In my case the Windows-Update KB5005611 (which is listed under "more updates" in the Windows Update-History if installed) reduced this problems. But not completely.

It seems related to Computer Models with Intel  Core 11th Gen UP3 and H35 Tiger Lake series.

0 Kudos
Jeff03
New Contributor I

I actually haven't had any issues in quite awhile.  I'm running the latest drivers from Intel and all seems to be well on my end (knock on wood).

0 Kudos