Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Intel r wifi 6 ax200 160mhz

playboijacob
Beginner

I just bought this WiFi card, because i was running off of a USB internet device. And i've only had it for a day, and i immediately noticed that my ping was spiking from 30 to 300 - 600 on my servers. And it also has been disconnecting randomly, while it says its connected to the internet. I have tried to fix it, but haven't found a fix, if anyone could help, please let me know.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc

0 Kudos
playboijacob
Beginner

Heres the specs

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello playboijacob

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. If yes, could you please provide the following information?

1- We have two models of this wireless card, one model (Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200) to be sold to and integrated only by Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), for instance: Dell*, HP*, Lenovo*, etc; and another model "Intel® Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) Desktop Kit" to be sold to and installed by end-users on regular desktop computers.

The second model (the Desktop Kit) includes in the box: external antenna (2), Standard sized mounting bracket with RF cables installed, Low profile mounting bracket, Installation guide, etc. The first model does not include those accessories. Could you please confirm which one is the exact model you have?

2- Are you having issues with Wi-Fi only or with Bluetooth too (both)?

3- When the WiFi disconnects, does it reconnect automatically or not? How long does it take to reconnect?

4- Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks or with different routers?

5- When the issue happens, do you notice any error message or behavior in Device Manager? 

6- Router/Access point brand, model, and firmware version:

7- Is this issue happening at home, office environment, or both?

8- Have you tried to restart your router or a rollback to a previous driver version for testing?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
playboijacob
Beginner

Hello, i have the desktop kit of this wifi card. Im only having problems with the internet, the bluetooth is working perfectly fine, and when the wifi disconnects, it dosent reconnect, i have to manually go to the wifi tab, disconnect and reconnect. I have not checked if it works on different networks or routers because i can't sadly. I do not notice any error messages or anything in device manager. My router brand is Arris while the internet provider is xfinity, the model is a TG1682G. I cannot try a previous driver for the router though. I do not know what to do, please help!

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello playboijacob

Thank you for your response.

After checking all the information, we would like first to recommend making sure the system does not have Windows® updates pending.

Based on the router model (Arris TG1682G*), it seems that it only supports wireless standards 802.11a/b/g/n/ac; however, the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) Desktop Kit is optimized for the 802.11ax standard.

In this case, we recommend you changing the Advanced Wi-Fi adapter settings to "VHT mode or 802.11ac". Please refer to the following link for instructions, section "802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode or HT Mode":

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

Please also check the Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024678/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

If the issue persists, please try a clean install of the Wireless driver. Please follow the steps in this link, Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

Please install the latest driver Version: 21.90.3:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29520/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters

After performing the clean install of the driver, we recommend setting again the "Advanced Wi-Fi adapter settings" and the "Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity".

Should you have additional questions, please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello playboijacob

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to try the previous recommendations. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello playboijacob

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. If the answer is yes, as the last resource we recommend you to try to install the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for IT Admins driver version 21.110.1.1 following the steps in this other thread: https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Windows-10-Wi-Fi-Drivers-for-Intel-Wireless-Adapters/m-p/1197784/highlight/true#M30061

If the issue persists, we recommend contacting the place of purchase (in case it is not the Intel® Desktop Kit) since this may be related to a hardware problem and the Wireless card might require a physical inspection, so the place of purchase may assist you with these steps.

If the wireless card is the Intel® Desktop kit please let us know so we would like to gather more information about the Wireless card via private message (in order to protect your privacy). The Intel® Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) Desktop Kit is the one that comes in a box labeled with the Intel® log and includes brackets, antennas, cables, etc. Please refer to the following link* as a reference and let us know if this the one that you have: https://www.newegg.com/intel-wi-fi-6-ax200/p/N82E16833106102

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello playboijacob

We are checking this thread and since we have not heard back from you we will proceed to close it now. If the issue persisted, our final recommendation to check this further with the place of purchase.

It has been a pleasure to assist you. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos