Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7586 Discussions

Intel wi-fi 6e ax210 Poor Performance

JGruver
Beginner

Hello, 

I recently installed an Intel AX210 into my machine and the first day I had it, all was well and it was giving me the expected download speeds of around 1.2gbps, however after a few days I am now back to getting poor download speeds around 20 mbps. It has the latest drivers and to my knowledge nothing has changed. I have gone through the settings and various other posts and cannot seem to find a solution for me.

Also of note, other devices are receiving the desired speeds such as my iPhone which I just tested using the Nighthawk app is getting around 970mbps down.

I have attached the SSU results.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JGruver,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I want to understand what happened just as much as you do and to have a better understanding of this behavior I would like you to confirm the following:

1. Did you use the antennas that came with the adapter?

2. You mentioned that you changed the adapter. Did you have issues with the adapter that came preinstalled with the motherboard?

3. Is the Bluetooth working fine?

4. Do you see any errors in the device manager?

5. Did you try the clean install steps to install the drivers?

6. Did you check with Gigabyte to confirm compatibility?

Also, bear in mind that the manufacturer of the motherboard must support any new hardware since the new adapter will need to be compatible with drivers and BIOS. You can check more information in the following link:

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JGruver, 

I am contacting you because I want to know if you still have a performance issue with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 (Gig+) or if you were able to fix it.

Let me know if you need further support.

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello JGruver,  

I was checking your thread and noticed that I have not heard back from you. I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos