Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel wifi 6 AX200 installed but don't work properly (code 10)

FpassX
Beginner

Hello everyone,

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Professionnel(10.0.19042 Build 19042)
System Type: x64-based PC

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz
Driver version : 22.10.0.7

I've an integrated intel card on my Asus ROG Strix b550i gaming mother board. 

With Microsoft, Intel or Asus drivers, impossible de make it work.

Drivers are installed, but device don't start (error code : 10)

I tried to uninstall, disable, enable, reinstall, reboot many times.
Install from device manager, from intel assistant, from asus assistant.

Last version of the drivers, or old version on Asus CD-ROM provided...

Nothing...

I reset the MB CMOS also, reset BIOS settings, updated BIOS, updated Windows etc...

Nothing...

Is there anything else I can do to make this adapter work ?

Can it be related to the external antena ? should I plug/unplug it ?

Is there some manipulation I can do on the motherboard itself ? on in the bios ? 

thanks

6 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello FpassX, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

Based on what you have done, it seems that this can be a hardware issue. I will recommend you to try the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:  

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".   
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".   
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".   
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).  

2. Did the system work before? If yes, do you remember making any changes before the issue started? 

3. Try a clean installation of the wireless drivers to the letter: 

If the above does not change the behavior, you may want to check with the motherboard manufacturer for further help, chances are you have a hardware problem that needs a physical inspection or a replacement.  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

0 Kudos
FpassX
Beginner

Hi Sebastian, thanks for your help

1/ See attached the SSU report + the Windows log when code 10 error occurs 

2/ Never, it's brand new parts and a fresh setup. Every components are new.

3/ Ok, will try again

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello FpassX,  

Thank you for your reply. 

In case the clean installation of the drivers does not work, you may also want to try reinstalling the OS from scratch; this is to rule out any corruption and issues with Windows. 

If the issue persists, then it is most likely a hardware issue and you should contact the original reseller or motherboard manufacturer for a physical inspection.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello FpassX,  

Were you able to check the previous post and follow our recommendations? Please let me know if you need more assistance. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello FpassX,  

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
dgoynich
Beginner

I had EXACTLY same problem but with Asus X570-E gaming motherboard.  I happened to have a spare ASUS wifi adapter and installed that so got around problem.  However AX200 still not working and nothing I can do seems to get past that Error Code 10.  Happened after I updated windows 10 getting it ready for windows 11, but still running windows 10.

0 Kudos