Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7581 Discussions

Intel wifi ax200 very slow speed

kufwar
Beginner

I get less than 20 mbps, it only happens on this PC. It also happens if I plug in the network cable. I have included the Intel SSU report.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @kufwar

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. 

I am sorry to hear what is happening with your Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200, I will gladly assist you here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue: 

1. Was it working before? When did the issue start to happen? 
  2. Is the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 the pre-installed Wi-Fi card in your motherboard or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card in the motherboard)? 
  3. What is the name of the test you are using to get the download and upload speeds? 
  4. Does the issue happen connected to another network or router/Access Point (AP)? 
  5. Perform a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers, using the latest Intel wireless driver. If it doesn't work, try the same step with the latest System Manufacturer's driver

Note #1: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation. Also, make sure to do this step disconnected from the internet (wi-fi or wired connection) since Microsoft updates drivers automatically and prevents doing the clean installation successfully.   

Note #2: We recommend checking with your System Manufacturer and using the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Wireless Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the wireless driver software or software packaging. 

Thank you for the report provided, I appreciate the information in advance. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
kufwar
Beginner

Thank you for responding, I thought that the report had all the info that you needed, but I will provide as much as I can

1. I don't have exact dates. Its been acting up for quite some time.

2. The motherboard is a ROG Zenith II extreme alpha with the AX200 built into the board.

3. I have used Fast.com and Speedtest.net, they both have almost identical results.

4. Its a big PC so I have not taken it anywhere to try another network, but i have tried my 2.4g, 5g and used the ethernet direct to the router. I have 3 other PCs on this network that have no problems.

5. I have updated the intel driver to 22.200.2.1, Also Windows version 22H2.

I have seen the steps to do a driver wipe and clean install but I have not tried that yet. Should this be my next step?

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @kufwar

Thank you for the information provided. However, I am still missing information I asked for in my previous post.

Is this card an integration/upgrade you did to your system or the original card in the motherboard?

Yes, please follow the Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers, process using the latest Intel wireless driver to delete possible corrupted files in the driver software installed. If it doesn't work, try the same step with the latest System Manufacturer's driver.  

Please check the notes previously provided before performing this step. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @kufwar  

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @kufwar  

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @kufwar  

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos