Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

Intel wireless-AC9260 drops connection

DLock6
Beginner

Intel Wireless AC9260 drops connection

Hi

My computer is a AMD Ryzen 2600X CPU with the Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WiFi motherboard. The motherboard has the Intel Wireless-AC9260 WiFi .

I have problems maintaining a WiFi connection.

It will be fine for awhile but then lose connection .

When I looked up the Windows Event Viewer, I found that WiFi chip has logged many errors.

The logs say the same message: "Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 : The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver."

Please could you help me.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello DLock6,

Thank you for posting on the Intel ® communities.

Please try the following and let me know if the issue persists: 

1- Download the following driver.

2- Uninstalling the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth® Drivers (both) for your Intel® Wireless Adapter as shown on the following link.

3- Install the driver downloaded in step 1.

4- Make sure to have the Power Management settings as shown on the following link.

5- Finally, please set the adapter settings as shown on the Recommended Settings for 802.11ac Connectivity article.

Regards,

Esteban Ch.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello DLock6,

Were you able to check the recommendations provided on the previous post? If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos
Esteban_C_Intel
Employee

Hello DLock6,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Esteban Ch.

0 Kudos