Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel wireless N 7260 with latest drivers does not work

kDybo
Beginner

I have problem with my wifi. Very slow internet. So I installed latest driver Wireless_17.13.11_De164 for Intel wireless N 7260, after that internet does not work at all.

I have a Intel nuc, Intel wireless card and I install Intel driver for the card and I still have problems with Internet. Why why why. It is products from the same brand. I am in hurry to get back my wifi please help.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RKras
Novice

I had the same issue. See the previous discussion thread. The workaround in my case was downgrading the driver to 17.1.0.19 version. I uninstalled the 17.13.11.5 driver and then installed the 17.1.0.19 one by the Wireless_17.1.0_Ds64.exe executable downloaded from Intel. By the way, for some unknown reason both the 17.1.0.19 and the 17.13.11.5 versions are marked by Intel as latest.

0 Kudos
kDybo
Beginner

Thanks Rostislav I will try it out. What sucks is what you wrote, it is the same brand but it does not work.

0 Kudos
kDybo
Beginner

I tried Wireless_17.1.0_Ds64.exe but does not work to install. I get the setup icon after about 5 sec it disappear and nothing happens. When looking which driver version is installed it shows 16.5.3.6

Help please. INTEL maybe???????????

0 Kudos
RKras
Novice

Try to uninstall all versions of the 7260 wireless driver. First from Control Panel | Programs and Features and then from the Device Manager. When you uninstall it from the Device Manager mark the checkbox to uninstall software associated to the uninstalling driver. After all reboot your computer and it should find an unknown network device. Then install the 17.1.0.19 driver by running the Wireless_17.1.0_Ds64.exe executable.

0 Kudos
kDybo
Beginner

I have installed 17.1.0.19. so wired internet is working. But the wifi is not. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Ilene_K_Intel
Employee

Where did you download the driver? I recommend you try going to downloadcenter.intel.com and navigate to download the correct driver.

Also, check to see if you have the updated BIOS for your NUC.

If you continue to have issues, contact Intel Customer Support directly.

Thanks,

IleneK

0 Kudos
kDybo
Beginner

l have downloaded from intel. I have manage to update to 17.13.11.5 the wifi is now working. But it is sooooo sloooow. In the beginning It is fast but after some minutes it is back to turtle speed.

Maybe some settings? I have read on other threads that there is some driver under development since 12 months from now and still now solution.

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

We are glad that you are able to connect to WiFi networks with the new driver. Here are some additional recommendations and documents that can help in this situation:

- Make sure the firmware of your router is updated.

- Set the WiFi router with WMM mode: enabled. Also, use a current authentication standard, such as WPA2 + AES.

- Verify you are using up-to-date BIOS and drivers for your NUC.

Also, apply the recommendations from the following documents:

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/sb/CS-030709.htm?wapkw=wifi+recommended+settings What are the Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity?

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034658.htm Quick Checks That Might Improve or Fix Connection Issues

0 Kudos
kDybo
Beginner

What is WMM? My BIOS is 032.

I had so many computers over the years and I never updated BIOS. Why should i do it now?

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

WMM* (Wi-Fi Multimedia) is a Wi-Fi Alliance Quality of Service (QoS) enhancement to allow for priority use of bandwidth by audio, video, and voice applications. Having WMM disabled will limit the throughput of the connection.

The BIOS of you NUC is only a version behind, so the update may not be required. Still, it would be good to check the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx Intel® Download Center, and make sure that you are using current drivers for your NUC.

Review and apply the actions from the links provided in the previous post and let us know whether the issue is solved, or if you require additional details.

0 Kudos