So I have an https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232561 ASUS ROG G751JY-DB72 laptop with a Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and for the last few weeks it has been randomly dropping connection and what appears to be suffering from critical errors. For me to get internet back I have to disable to wireless adapter from the control menu and re-enable it. This fixes the issue but this disconnect happens every 30 min to couple hours (especially when I Download) It is getting to the point where using my computer for internet is beyond impossible.
Not sure if there is a fix for this but I am beyond annoyed at this and could really use some help.
We understand your system is having random Wi-Fi disconnections and errors. Here are some initial actions we recommend for this situation:
- Contact the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support and make sure you are using their latest wireless drivers.
- As second option, you can use the generic version of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260 Intel® Download Center.
If the issue persists, we will need additional information about the issue and environment:
- Were there any changes made in the system at the time the issue started? (New hardware or applications, network changes, OS updates, drivers/firmware updates, etc.)
- What is the exact error or warning that you receive when this happens?
- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool with the connection working fine, and use it to create a report with all sections, once the report is created, click on the "Next" button. In the following screen, save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options to add the resulting file to your post as an attachment.