Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel wireless adapter 9462

Joao0112
Beginner

I bought a laptop at the end of 2019. It has been working fine since then, but this week I started to have a disconnection problem. My wireless adapter suddenly turns of and when it happens it is missing at control panel. I have tried updating drivers and it seemed to work, but it happened again this morning.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Joao0112, 

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following: 

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report generated:   

• Open the application, check the "Everything" box, and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View".    
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".    
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save".    
  • Use the option under the reply window to attach the report to the thread (Drag and drop here or browse files to attach).   

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently? 

3. Do you recall making any changes before the issue started?  

4. When this disconnection problem happens, do you see any error message in the Device Manager? If yes, what is the error code?  

Regards, 

Sebastian M  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

0 Kudos
Joao0112
Beginner

2. This is the original adapter

3. No i did not make any changes 

4. Yes, the message is: device could not start (code 10)

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Joao0112,  

Thank you for your reply. 

Please try the following workaround for code 10 issues: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000031150/network-and-i-o/wireless.html  

1. Try a clean installation of the wireless drivers (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth) using the drivers provided by Intel and your system manufacturer (OEM): 

Note: It is recommended to use the OEM drivers, as they are validated for your PC.  

2. Update the BIOS to the latest version, check with Asus for guidance on this: https://www.asus.com/uk/Laptops/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-FX505GT/HelpDesk_BIOS/  

3. Update your Operating System (OS) to the latest version available for your system, follow Microsoft's procedure: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-windows-10-3c5ae7fc-9fb6-9af1-1984-b5e0412c556a  

4. Reseat the battery if possible (remove and reinstall). Refer to your OEM for guidance. 

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third-party endorsement of Intel or any of its products is implied. 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Joao0112,  

Were you able to check the previous post with our advice? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Joao0112
Beginner

Hey,

I followed the steps from your previous post and right now I'm waiting to see if everything is working fine.

I'll reach out here for more assistance if needed. 

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Joao0112,   

Thanks for the reply. 

We will be waiting for your update. Please let us know if you will need a specific time frame to do the testing.  

Regards,   

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Joao0112,

By any chance do you have an update on this? Feel free to let me know if you have further questions.   

Regards,  

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos
Joao0112
Beginner

Hey,

Everything seems o be working fine right now, thanks for the assistance and have a great day.

0 Kudos
Sebastian_M_Intel

Hello Joao0112, 

Thanks for the update. 

I am glad to hear that your system is working now. Based on that, we will proceed to close this inquiry; if you have any additional questions, please submit a new thread and we will gladly assist you.  

Regards,   

Sebastian M  

0 Kudos