Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7725 Discussions

Intermittent 6 ghz network detection

takeiteasy11
Beginner

I have an AX211 network card in a Win 11 computer with an Intel i9-12900K processor and the Z690 chipset on the motherboard. I'm using an Asus GT-AXE16000 router. I have different SSID's set up for each band. The computer only detects the 6 ghz network about half of the time or less. To get it to work, I will go into device manager and change a setting to make the network card re-boot. If I do this a few times, it will eventually detect the 6 ghz network and I can connect. Once I get connected, it works great. The longer I let it set, the greater the chance it will find the 6 ghz network without my intervention. I shouldn't have to wait a half an hour or longer to find it.  The computer is a Lenovo and they built it. I've made no changes except to add another hard drive. I've updated the AX211 driver to 22.200.0.6 which is the latest I have found. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @takeiteasy11

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I will gladly assist you here. 

Please, answer these questions to have a better perspective of this issue: 

1. Is the Intel AX211 the pre-installed wi-fi card in your motherboard or is it an integration (upgrade/ not the original card in the motherboard)? 
  2. Was it working before? 
  3. Did you try updating the firmware of your router? 
  4. Did you try updating the BIOS of your PC? 
  5. Does the same issue happen in other networks? 
  6. Did you try the System Manufacturer's driver? 
  7. Perform a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers, using the latest wireless driver

Note #1: We recommend checking with your System Manufacturer and using the driver software provided by them to avoid potential installation incompatibilities. Intel supplies generic versions of Wireless Drivers for general purposes. Computer manufacturers might have changed the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the wireless driver software or software packaging. 

Note #2: Make sure to check you have all the Windows updates before doing the driver installation. Also, make sure to do this step disconnected from the internet (wi-fi or wired connection) since Microsoft updates drivers automatically and prevents doing the clean installation successfully.   

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

Intel Customer Support Technician. 

0 Kudos
takeiteasy11
Beginner

I will answer your questions in order.

1. Yes the AX211 was installed on the computer when I bought it. The only hardware changes I have made is to install another hard drive.

2. This issue has always been with me since I bought the computer.

3. The router updates itself as long as it's turned on. Last update was 3/3/2023. It is an ASUS GT-AXE16000.

4. The computer is relatively new. I have an app that checks for updates from Lenovo, and all have been applied. I don't think UEFI was among them.

5. I have 4 bands on my router , the 2.4 ghz band, two 5 ghz bands and the 6 ghz band. The other 3 show up all of the time. The 6 ghz band will show up eventually.

6. To the best of my knowledge, there is no Lenovo driver.

7. You need to define a clean installation for me. In trying to solve this issue, I downloaded the driver from the intel website and installed it that way. The version number is 22.200.0.6.

As a side note, in my reading I've discovered that the scanning method for the 6 ghz band is different from the others. I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 ultra that is also 6 ghz compatible. It also doesn't see the 6 ghz band right away either. However, the delay time is never more than 30 seconds or so. 

The computer itself's Lenovo part number is 90S10009US. They call it a T734IAZ7 from the Legion family.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for your response.

Since you have installed the wireless adapter, please read the Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade

(https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687.html).

Also, make sure to follow the clean installation steps (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless.html) with both Intel generic driver 22.200.0 (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html) and if the issue persists, try it with the latest driver recommended by Lenovo 22.140.0.3 (https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/legion-series/legion-t7-34iaz7/90s1/90s10009us/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Networking%3A%20Wireless%20LAN).

Let me know of the outcome.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @takeiteasy11  

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to review our previous post. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back. 

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos
Jocelyn_Intel
Employee

Hello, @takeiteasy11  

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

Jocelyn M.   

0 Kudos