Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7568 Discussions

Internet disconnects with recently bought MSI laptop using intel wifi 6e AX211 160mhz

Brngo
Beginner

I have recently purchased and then sent to MSI , this laptop containing and utilizing this wifi chip and driver . Prior to being sent back to MSI for repair, i was constantly getting lots of random disconnects with my wifi which was frustrating. Although i sent it to MSI for repair, i still got the problem occuring when i booted it up again. I did fix it temporarily by installing the wifi driver directly from intel but it seems like the problem is starting back up again and I am getting some small wifi disconnects. What can i do to help solve the problem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
3Fees
New Contributor I

What Router are you using make and Model ?

Download Intel System Support Utility (SSU) , run, copy, and paste the results. This will show many details and details of Intel AX211 adapter.

Intel SSU 

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
Brngo
Beginner

I have attached the results below 

I believe it is  a Comcast Xfinity XB8-T

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Okay, Xfinity XB8-T is Tri-Band, i9 processor and latest chipset-okay. Intel AX211 is a Tri-Band adapter

This modem-router automatically selects the band 2.4, 5, and 6. make sure password for all 3 bands password is the same--need to check this

out on line, can download xfinity app and see if this assists 6 Ghz setup. Online in the Xfinity wifi gui make sure 6 Ghz is enabled and wifi has

the latest firmware- Go to Xfinity router login and check out wifi settings. Log in to the Admin Tool at http://10.0.0.1

Quick Look: Authentication:"WPA2-Personal"  Change this to WPA3-Personal-WPA3 has features WPA2 does not have--higher end - Control

panel- Network and Sharing Center--wireless properties-- Security tab--Security Type--select WPA 3-Personal, encryption: AES, Network

Security Key: Password on Xfinity Modem-Router.

Go to device manager-click on wifi card, select advanced tab, scroll down and click on 6GHz-ultra high band option and then click OK.--

courtesy of Surfboard.com--I have a Surfboard Gigabit Modem.

See if that gets wifi 6e enabled and stable.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Kudos
Brngo
Beginner

I believe all 3 of those settings have been already changed as when I was going to change them, all were already activated

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Did you change WPA 2 to WPA 3 Personal ?

Did you check 6Ghz is active and set in Device manager ?

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
Brngo
Beginner
Yes both settings were already turned on and active when I went to go change them
0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Odd, your SSU shows WPA 2.  I suggest you contact Xfinity Customer support, they should be able to further assist you.

Cheers

3Fees

0 Kudos
Brngo
Beginner

I recently scanned it again with SSU in case, it was just something else but from what I attached, it still says wpa-3

0 Kudos
3Fees
New Contributor I

Good. If you still have a problem time to call Xfinity,  I have access to a Laptop with Intel AX211. It never drops a connection and is using the same modem-router you have.

Cheers

3fees

0 Kudos