Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Internet keeps disconnecting, cant connect to network for half a minute, then constantly repeats this - The driver disconnected while associating.

AKang4
Beginner

I have a MSI x570 gaming pro carbon WiFi motherboard which has an Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 wireless adapter. The connection would randomly disconnect, it wouldn't be able to reconnect for about a half a minute. after that it would be able to connect. this would happen like every 10-15 minutes at a time. Makes games unplayable. Right when the internet disconnects the computer freezes for a quick second. The event viewer would report that the WLan AutoConfig would fail because the The driver disconnected while associating or The network is disconnected by the driver.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Download, run,, and ATTACH (using the paperclip under the toolbar) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Doc

AKang4
Beginner

here is the results, btw i really appreciate you helping out! :)

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello AKang4

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. If yes, could you please provide the following information to understand better your environment?

1. Are you having issues with Wifi or also with Bluetooth (both)?
  2. When did it start to happen? Did it work fine before? Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before? Please provide details.
  3. Do you remember if this issue happened after a new Windows update or Wireless/Bluetooth driver update? Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  4. Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you install it?
  5. Have you checked if this issue happens testing only the system and the router? (no other wireless devices connected to the wireless network during this test).
  6. Have you tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  7. Is this issue happening at home, office environment, or both?
  8. When the issue happens, do you notice any error message or behavior in Device Manager?
  9. Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks? Have you tried rebooting your access point or router or testing different network bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz)?
  10. Router / Access point model:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
AKang4
Beginner
  1. Its just the WiFi, Bluetooth is unaffected
  2. Not entirely sure when it exactly happened, just started randomly. This did used to work before, it had no disconnects and no problems before. When the WiFi is connected currently, it performs as fast as it used to but it randomly disconnects of course. I have changed motherboards to the same one but new to test if it is a hardware problem but the same issue occurs. Also did windows resets, network resets, and command line resets, driver re installations.
  3. I'm not entirely sure if it were caused by a windows update or not. I have tried driver versions that are latest from Intel and also the ones provided by my motherboard manufacture but neither have worked. I have had issues with my ram and CPU recently, and fixed it by replacing my CPU, which fixed the ram issue. So i have replaced both my CPU and motherboard and having the same issue with the old motherboard and CPU too, so i feel it may not be a hardware issue.
  4. The network adapter is the one that was preinstalled in the motherboard. It is integrated in the MSI x570 gaming pro carbon WiFi motherboard.
  5. I've had devices (phone and laptop) connected simultaneously and they stayed connected with no issues going about online during the times that the PC disconnects. So this issue is only present with the PC(current device).
  6. I've tried having the driver uninstalled and using the default windows driver, the motherboard manufactures driver and Intel's latest driver, but all of them have the same issue disconnecting form the WiFi, having about 30 seconds in between not allowing a connection and then finally reconnecting.
  7. This issue is happening at my home on my private residential network,
  8. No error message or any errors are shown in the device manager when the disconnect occurs. Only event viewer showing stuff like, "LSO was triggered, and:

WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network.

Network Adapter: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz

Interface GUID: {ed511861-dd78-4d82-bd76-9aee74618b31}

Connection Mode: Automatic connection with a profile

Profile Name: VIRUS-5G

SSID: VIRUS-5G

BSS Type: Infrastructure

Failure Reason:The driver disconnected while associating.

RSSI: 255

9. I really haven't had the chance of trying it on a different network due to it being a home desktop pc sadly. I've tested that the WiFi does disconnected with the 5 GHz and the 2.4 GHz WiFi.

10. Hitron CODA, not entirely sure the exact version, but its from rogers

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello AKang4

Thank you for your response and all the information provided.

Could you please clarify what did you mean when you mentioned: "replaced both my CPU and motherboard".

Does it mean that you got a new motherboard, same model MPG X570 GAMING PRO CARBON WIFI? If this is correct, when you received the new motherboard, did it come with a new Wireless card module and the issue is still occurring on the new motherboard with a new wireless card?

Or did you move the original wireless card to the new motherboard? I mean, you have used the same wireless card on both motherboards, the old one and the new one? Please provide details.

Also, we would like to recommend trying the following steps:

1- Adjust the "802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode or HT Mode" settings.

For instance, if the Hitron CODA router/modem does not support AX standard, you can try to set "VHT mode or 802.11ac" in the Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings. For more information on how to change this, please refer to the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

We recommend checking with the Hitron CODA support team or your ISP the WiFi standards supported.

2- Also, from Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings and based on the network band you are using (2.4GHz or 5GHz) set the Channel Width to "20MHz Only".

3- If the motherboard comes with an external antenna kit, for instance, connected to the back panel of the computer chassis, we recommend checking with the motherboard manufacturer if the antennas are correctly connected and in the correct order/configuration.

4- We noticed that there is a new Wireless driver available from your motherboard's website*. We recommend trying a Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers using their driver, the latest version is 21.80.0.4. You can download it from the below link*:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-X570-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-WIFI#down-driver&Win10%2064

Hope this helps, please let us know if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

*Links to third-party sites and references to third-party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, Intel® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of Intel® or any of its products is implied.

0 Kudos
AKang4
Beginner

Sorry for the late reply, I have tried and tested the methods of changing the channel and mode but neither seem to help with the issue. The random disconnects persists and still to this current moment. I have tried a replacement antenna and rewired the antenna in the other configuration with the two ports and the same issue continues. Also, i have tried the clean installation of the drivers and reinstalling the drivers from the mobo website but no luck. Starting to seem really odd for whats going on.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello AKang4

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please let us know if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello AKang4

We have not heard back from you so we will be proceeding to close this thread soon. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello AKang4

Thank you for your response and all the details provided.

Since the issue persists after performing all the previous steps, this looks like an issue with the wireless card not related to wireless software and at this point we kindly recommend you to check this further with the motherboard manufacturer (MSI*) since they are the ones that integrated the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200, thus, they may provide further assistance and suggestions.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos