Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Is the problem the wifi card or driver?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a brand new laptop and its wifi card is Intel AX200 wifi 6 when I speed test near the wifi which is on the secondfloor of our house it reaches 70mbps then after a few seconds it drops to 50-55 mbps which is fine because our wifi plan is really 50mbps only but when Im at the ground floor of our house its only 1-10mbps when my phone and other devices still reaches 40-50mbps. I tried to change the wifi driver but when I try the other versions even when im at the second floor it only reaches 1-5mbps and when I use a usb wifi dongle at the ground floor it reaches 25-40mbps. What do you think is the problem? Is the wifi card faulty?

EDIT:

I added the result of the ssu

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlHill
Super User

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

I attached the SSU file now thanks

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
Beginner

You may have to change the orientation of the antenna on the router so it transmits down for a lower level..  If it doesn't have external antenna then change the orientation of the router.  Looking at your signal strength may give you a clue if something changes.

0 Kudos