Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

Issue with Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (AX200NGW) mini pcie

vitor_mascarenhas

Hi 

I have a Acer V5-573G laptop and replaced my original wifi adapter (Atheros AR5B22) with Intel AX200NGW but I cannot connect after laptop goes to sleep (or hibernation) mode.  The funny thing is that the wireless adapter starts working again after the 2nd time I put the laptop to sleep.

-Laptop model: Acer Aspire V5-573G

-Intel drivers updated

-Issue only happens after wake up from sleep. The previous wi-fi adapter had not this issue.

-Wi-Fi works again after the second wake up. If hibernated, should hibernate 1 time more to adapter work after that and the same goes to sleep. Using sleep after hibernation does not work.

-fast start is disabled on both bios and Windows.

I already run Intel SSU to gather information about my system (file attached)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello vitor_mascarenhas

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We need more information to investigate this request:

• Do you also get Bluetooth issues?
  • What driver versions did you test already?
  • Did you verify with the manufacturer before changing the card?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
vitor_mascarenhas

Thanks for contacting me.

• Do you also get Bluetooth issues?

Yes, the adapter doesn't show at all. So no wireless connection.

• What driver versions did you test already?

22.40.0_Driver64_Win10
    22.50.1.1 (currently)

• Did you verify with the manufacturer before changing the card?

No

I would appreciate any help I could have. 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Thank you for the information provided, we recommend using the drivers that the laptop manufacturer provides because they include certain customizations. Those customizations could include fixes for common issues on the laptop and they improve the performance of the card in some cases. We noticed that on the OEM website, the latest drivers are from 2015 and this could indicate two things:

• Since you have an older system, the wireless card may not be supported/compatible.
  • You may need to contact them directly to get the drivers.

As an alternative, you can use the drivers on the Intel* website for testing, but we noticed you updated to the latest version available and it doesn't resolve the problem. You can also try the Recommended Settings for 802.11ax Connectivity:

If the recommended settings don't help, we recommend checking the previous aspects with your OEM to confirm the card is compatible and that your laptop is running the recommended drivers.

Regards,

David G 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.   

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos