Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Killer Hardware not found Problem

BLUeFiRE
Beginner

Hi there. When updating to Windows 11 and the killer Intelligence center doesn't show any traffic, as it won't detect the killer hardware anymore. Since the latest Killer UWD package comes with W11 support, I would rather install those drivers rather than the older manufacturer (Dell) provided drivers, but in that case, I doubt there is no Ethernet 2500 and Wireless 1535 drivers included with the same. What would I do? I happened to make all the network connections working good with an old Microsoft driver for running the LAN and Qualcomm drivers for the Wi-Fi. But I really wanted to use Killer Control Center desperately. Please suggest something.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello BLUeFiRE,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Was the tool working with Windows 10?

3. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

4. Are you having connectivity issues with the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth?

5. Can you share a picture where we can see the issue?

6. Are you getting any errors from the Killer software?

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello BLUeFiRE,

Were you able to check the previous post and get the information requested? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
BLUeFiRE
Beginner

Sir, Sorry for the delay. 

1. The Summary is attached.

2.  Was the tool working with Windows 10?

Yes

3. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

Yes. It came pre-installed.

4. Are you having connectivity issues with the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth?

No issues. But the UWD package by Intel doesn't have the drivers for my Wi-Fi (Killer wireless 1535). I'm using the Manufacturer (Dell) provided driver.

5. Can you share a picture where we can see the issue?

My Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver  doesn't detect any drivers installed by the UWD Performance suite from Intel.  (Screenshot 01)

6. Are you getting any errors from the Killer software?

The Killer Intelligence nor the Control Center is working. (Screenshot 02)

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello BLUeFiRE, 

I noticed that both the Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller and Killer wireless 1535) are Legacy products (also they are discontinued), for any driver I recommend you to check with the laptop manufacturer.

Discontinued Intel® Killer™ Wireless and Intel® Killer™ Ethernet Products: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000059296/wireless.html

As for the issue with the software, try the following:

1. Perform a clean installation of the Killer software:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058906/ethernet-products.html

2. Try the suggestions from the following link:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058948/ethernet-products.html

3. Try to check with Alienware and/or Microsoft and confirm if there are known issues with the Legacy Killer product under Windows 11.

Regards, 

Deivid A. 

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello BLUeFiRE, 

Were you able to check the previous post? Please let me know if you need more assistance.   

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello BLUeFiRE, 

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this inquiry. If you need further assistance or if you have additional questions, please create a new thread and we will gladly assist you.    

Remember to check with the laptop manufacturer for drivers and firmware for your Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller and Killer wireless 1535

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos