Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Killer Network Service preventing connection to some websites

MackSix
Novice

I have a Dell Alienware Aurora R11 and Aurora R10 and I am experience a problem with accessing https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.4.1.min.js via their IPv6 addresses. It will access the file IPv4 just fine.

Chrome will say "This site can’t be reached The connection was reset." ERR_CONNECTION_RESET and Firefox "Secure Connection Failed" PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR.

Rapid reapeted Ctrl+F5 may load the file. This happens on any code.jquery.com url as well as some other websites that are IPv6.

The R10 has a Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650x and a Killer E2600, running Windows 11.

The R11 has a Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i and a Killer E3000 running Windows 10.

They are both running in 802.11ac on wireless, but this problem happens on Ethernet and Wi-Fi.

I have updating the drivers from Intel and  installed the new Killer Control Center on the R10 with no luck.

There is a thread about this here https://github.com/jquery/codeorigin.jquery.com/issues/80 where 2 others have said they have Dell computers with the same problem.

I discovered that the Killer Network Service is causing the problem.

I don't understand why this service is still running when I uninstall the Killer Intellegence Center. This is also being forced installed by Windows update. 

The soltion is to Stop the service and set it's Startup Type to manual or disabled. Or compeletely uninstall it with the SC DELETE command. 

If the Killer Control Center is updated, it will turn the service back on and you will have to stop and disable it again. 

0 Kudos
29 Replies
MackSix
Novice

The newer drivers make no difference.

ipv6-test.png

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @MackSix.

I want to request an Intel SSU report for both units after you installed the latest Killer.

• Download the Intel SSU (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html)

• Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View." 

• Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View." 

• To save your scan: click on "Next"; then "Save." 

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MackSix.

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello @MackSix

I hope you are doing fine.

I have not heard back from you. So we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards.

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello MackSix,

As my last comment, I will suggest you contact the OEM of your systems and check the issue as this could be related to the Operating System or web app.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards.

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
MackSix
Novice

I Talked Dell a long time in their support forum and then talked to someone for an hour or two on the phone, before coming here. After I managed to find it was the Killer Network Service, I emailed Dell and told them about it and they never responded. 

It's fine with the Killer Network Service disabled. I don't have any use for it. 

0 Kudos
paulej
Beginner

I started having this issue a few months ago.  It was only certain IPv6 sites that simply would not work, while other worked fine.  Two that would consistently fail for me were T-Mobile's site and Yahoo Finance.  Every one of the IPv6 test sites and my own servers running in Amazon worked fine. It was not a web browser issue, either, as I'd get the same result using curl at the command-line.

This weekend, I decided to go track down the problem and stumbled across this post.  I disabled the Killer stuff in the Windows Services window and, lo and behold, it started working again.  (I did this after I tried uninstalling the interface, reinstalling drivers, and downloading the latest drivers from KillerNetworking.com.)

There's clearly some issue with the Killer services, though I'm not sure which.  I just disabled all of them, as I don't need them.  I see four installed: Analytics Service, Dynamic Bandwidth, Network Service, Smart AP Selection.  Further, whatever this issue is just appeared a few months ago.  My machine is just over three years old and it had been working perfectly fine with all IPv6 sites until just a few months ago.  I assume some update was pushed out by Microsoft.

I should add that this is with a wired interface, not wireless.  I do have a Wireless NIC (Intel) that is separate, but I had no issues with it when I tested it trying to access the same IPv6 sites that presented a problem with the wired Killer Networking interface.

0 Kudos
MackSix
Novice

Thanks for letting me know.

According to Intel, the proper way to have a "driver only solution" is to unintstall the Killer Contorl Panel and then disable the Network Services. Disabeling only the Network Services work for me. 

Disabling the Killer Prioritization Engine in the Killer Control Panel works for me too. 

0 Kudos
Grunthos0
Beginner

I am experiencing exactly these issues with an MSI A13VH using Killer E3100G 2.5GB and Killer Wifi 6E AX1675i.

I can not connect to YouTube or Steam via my ISP when I install the perfromance suite. I have done a clean install. The only solution is to Uninstall.

0 Kudos