Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7500 Discussions

Killer Wi-Fi 6E AX1690i - Unable to disable Receive Segment Coalescing (RSC)

Bloodnok
Beginner

Driver: 22.190.0.4

I have a problem with SonicWall Global VPN Client where my download speed gets drastically reduced when connected (< 10Mbps). The fix for this according to SonicWall is to execute Disable-NetAdapterRsc on the adapter however I get the following error:

Disable-NetAdapterRsc : Failed to set 'RSCIPv4' of 'RSC' configuration of adapter 'Wi-Fi'
At line:1 char:1
+ Disable-NetAdapterRsc -Name "Wi-Fi"
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (MSFT_NetAdapter...4AA90E8DDB7F}"):ROOT/StandardCi...rRscSettingData)
[Disable-NetAdapterRsc], CimException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Windows System Error 50,Disable-NetAdapterRsc

Disable-NetAdapterRsc : Failed to set 'RSCIPv6' of 'RSC' configuration of adapter 'Wi-Fi'
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (MSFT_NetAdapter...4AA90E8DDB7F}"):ROOT/StandardCi...rRscSettingData)

I'm not sure if I am getting this because the AX1690i does not allow me to set it, or there is some other issue.

I was able to verify this fix working with an external usb wireless adapter which was fixed after running this command.

For reference, these are the instructions I followed: https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/gvc-degraded-internet-throughput-from-local-isp-even-though-connected-in-split-tunnel/200423032255090/

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Bloodnok,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

To help me further identify the problem and offer you a solution, kindly provide the following details:

• What is the brand and model of your laptop?
  • Are you getting normal speed if you are not connected to the VPN?

We look forward to your response! 

Thank you, and have a great day ahead!

Best regards,
Carmona A.
Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Bloodnok
Beginner

Hi,

The laptop is a MSI Raider GE78 HX 13V.

When I'm not connected to the VPN I get about 550Mbps down and 40Mbps up.

When I'm connected to the VPN I get <10Mbps down and 40Mbps up.

I have been able to setup an alternate client, the DrayTek Smart VPN Client, and the download speeds are ok using it.

This seems to be an issue specific to the SonicWall Global VPN Client and RSC being enabled on the AX1690i. I'm assuming the issue would be resolved if I could disable RSC, but as shown above, I cannot. Is it possible this card just does not support disabling RSC?

I've attached the speed test with the VPN disconnected and connected and the PowerShell results.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Bloodnok,

Thank you so much for the response.

Since the issue only happens when connecting to your VPN, we highly recommend that you contact your motherboard or MSI, as it is possible that they have modified your wireless card configuration.

Thank you, and have a great day! 

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
StuartTech
Beginner

Hi Blooknok,

Great post and analysis of the problem. I am having the EXACT same issue with a new laptop for one our customers who also use the SonicWall GVC software.

We are used to fixing this issue following the SonicWall's official technical article (https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/gvc-degraded-internet-throughput-from-local-isp-even-though-connected-in-split-tunnel/200423032255090/) for our other customers that have this issue but we found we receive the exact error you mentioned when trying on this new laptop running an Intel Wi-Fi 7 BE200 wireless adapter.

Disable-NetAdapterRsc : Failed to set 'RSCIPv4' of 'RSC' configuration of adapter 'WiFi'
+ Disable-NetAdapterRsc -Name "WiFi"
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (MSFT_NetAdapter...3E57E2543596}"):ROOT/StandardCi...rRscSettingData)

Disable-NetAdapterRsc : Failed to set 'RSCIPv6' of 'RSC' configuration of adapter 'WiFi'
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (MSFT_NetAdapter...3E57E2543596}"):ROOT/StandardCi...rRscSettingData)

I can see Intel's response but I wondered if you have managed to resolve the issue or found a workaround (without using a different WiFi adapter)?

Kind regards,

Stuart

0 Kudos
Bloodnok
Beginner

Stuart,

So far the only workaround I've found is to use the DrayTek VPN Client (https://www.draytek.com/products/smart-vpn-client/). You'll also have to install WireGuard (https://www.wireguard.com/) on the client which the Client makes use of.

0 Kudos
StuartTech
Beginner

Blooknok,

Thank you so much for taking time to reply. Great thanks I've used the DrayTek VPN Client before - do you mean you configure the Draytek VPN Client to connect to your SonicWall VPN is that correct?

0 Kudos