Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Laptop WiFi options

Vegan
New Contributor I

I have a Dell 5540, i7-9850H, 32GB  DDR4, TU117 discrete graphics

came with AC9620 and I was pondering some AX210 or something like it, any SKU choices to consider?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ssj92
Beginner

I would go with the AX210. Should drop right in. Do not get AX201/211 as those need newer CPUs. 

AX210 is the latest Wi-Fi card that has broad compatibility across multiple CPU generations since it uses PCIe/USB instead of CNVio. 

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Vegan Bdefore you do anything, consult with Dell on what is supported by their hardware.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
Vegan
New Contributor I

Windows 12 is still a ways off. My i7-9850H is strong but what will Redmond want with Windows 12 etc. want for  a machine.

The AX210 is a tri-band card so it should be viable for while anyway.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Hello Vegan,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

As mentioned by AlHill, it is very important to consult the support information with Dell before doing any upgrade.

Also, please make sure to read the following two articles:

Regulatory Information Regarding Wireless Hardware Installation or Upgrade: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687.html

Why Doesn't My Laptop Recognize My New Intel® Wireless Adapter?: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/wireless.html

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Since we have not heard back from you, we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Steven G.

0 Kudos
Jacobdupree
Beginner

First of all you have to click the Start button, point to Programs, point to Dell Wireless, and then click Dell WLAN Card Utility. After that click the Advanced button. Now click to check Access Point (infrastructure) networks only. Then you have to click the Add button. Type the Network Name or SSID next to Network Name (SSID):. Click to Ok button two times. 

0 Kudos