Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Looking For New Wireless Card

RCoyk
Beginner

Greetings!

Hopefully I'm in the right forum topic.

Currently using an Intel Centrino N-2230 wireless card, but after upgrading the internet service, I now need a dual-band card that is compatible with a Dell 17R Special Edition 7720. I have found cards(Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235)

that some websites say would work, but I'm looking to be 100% certain. Would anybody happen to now the proper card that I would need? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This is a good question - for Dell.

benitel
Beginner

hi,

i am looking to upgrade mine too as i have the same story and looking for the answer for my HP laptop.

however i found out based on the following link from Intel, https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/articles/000006507/network-and-i-o/wireless.html

mine (Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230) and what you are going to upgrade (Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235) are not supported from Intel anymore.

however, it would work or not is my question too despite Intel says that they would be vulnerable as they are not under Intel support anymore.

looks like we have to change the laptop completely to new tech. 

let me know please whether you proceed your decision to upgrade and whether is work or not?

thanks,

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

You should consult with HP for a compatible card for your laptop.

0 Kudos