Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Low WLAN Bandwith with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 / D54250WYK

MKlau
Beginner

Hello,

with network cable i get nearly full 50 mbit (VDSL) but with WLAN only about 20 mbit.

802.11 b/g/n 300mbit/s Router

newest intel drivers

PS: NUC is an AWESOME device , got it today

0 Kudos
8 Replies
tvete
Valued Contributor II

Use an 802.11ac router and you should get your 50 Mbps on WiFi

0 Kudos
MKlau
Beginner

I have to use a O2 Router for my VDSL Internet- there is no 802.11ac. So this means i can not use full bandwith with AC 7260? Come on even my Smartphone can do better lol

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

There are more variables affecting wireless connectivity and it is possible that you will not get the same performance compared to a wired connection. However, you can try looking for an optimal location for your router by trying to avoid interfering devices or objects, and choosing the least crowded channel. Applications like inSSIDer* or WifiInfoView* can be used to monitor the activity of your wireless environment.

You may disable the uAPSD option in the wireless adapter properties, and if possible, try updating the router's firmware.

0 Kudos
MKlau
Beginner

Thanks for all the Infos!

Will try out!

An new router would fix that problem i but i have to use this one

Actually it is not a big problem , i think when possible a wired connection is best.

Wireless Desktop is working way better than on my Dell Venue 8 pro tablet and Bluetooth also very good.

Love my NUC, what a great product i highly recommend it

0 Kudos
tvete
Valued Contributor II

20 Mbps is dog slow for 802.11n unless you're far away from router (2 bars or less). Try performing the test on the same room and see if it improves. On the same room as the modem, I can get 80+ Mbps on 2.4 GHz and 180 Mbps on 5 GHz using 802.11n mode.

0 Kudos
JAnde23
New Contributor II

Yes, I get 150 Mbps on 2.4 Ghz (through a wall of bricks and 9 meter from the Router).

My Zyxel Router does'nt support 5 GHz.

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

D54250WYK

Windows 8.1

0 Kudos
MKlau
Beginner

OK then why my 6 year old computer with old grappy WLAN card can handle 50mbit/s and my brand new AC 7260 not?

Both about 1 meter near the router, same channel

0 Kudos
tvete
Valued Contributor II

7260AC's driver at 2.4 GHz is not as good as other "grappy" single band card. It's a performance monster on 5 GHz though capable of handling 500 Mbit/s internet plan at line of sight range (connection rate of 866.7 Mbps).

What jan_Andersen meant is probably that the connection rate is 150 Mbps but throughput is 1/5 of that.

0 Kudos