Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7430 Discussions

MSI GF65 Thin 9SD/Intel AC9590 - Wireless no longer connecting

chris17
Beginner

Hello,

My computer will no longer connect to wifi. I've tried my home router (both main and guest networks, 2g and 5g) and my phone's wifi hotspot.

It asks me to input the wireless key, which I do, and then tells me "the network security key is incorrect." The keys are certainly correct.

I input the key a second time, correctly again, then it says "can't connect to this network".

This happens when trying the 2.4g and 5g main and guest networks and the wifi hotspot.

The computer can still connect to the internet via hardwire Ethernet cable connect to the router, however, which is how I'm sending this report now.

No significant changes the day of the outage, did some work, played some videogames, then wifi stopped working.

Re-installed the wireless driver from the MSI website, still didn't work.

SSU log is attached.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_G_Intel

Hello chris17

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. Please share with us the following information to investigate:

• Do you also get any Bluetooth issues?
  • When did it start to happen?
  • Do you remember if this issue happened after a new OS update or Wireless driver update?
  • Is this issue happening at home, office environment, or both?
  • Is this a new computer? If so, have checked with your system's OEM for validated drivers or support on known issues related to the symptoms experienced?
  • Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed in your system or have you changed/installed a new adapter recently?
  • Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks?
  • Were you able to have your wireless connection in a normal/expected performance before?
  • Have you installed any recent software or hardware in your system?
  • Have tried a roll back to a previous driver version for testing?
  • Have you rebooted your access point, router, modem?
  • Did you also test the latest Intel drivers?

Regards, 

David G 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.    

Best regards,  

David G.  

0 Kudos
David_G_Intel

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,  

David G. 

0 Kudos