Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Modem restarts due to the Intel network card

Begy
Beginner

Hello, I have a problem that the modem (WiFi) is restarting.
Restarting the modem is probably caused by a laptop that is connected to the modem via WiFi (I asked my Internet provider three times to change the modem and It didn't help). However, this laptop only causes a restart of this modem, on other WiFi the problem does not occur.

I have Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 network card.

I would like to ask you if anyone had the same problem as me?
Or how can I install an older version of Wireless-AC 9560 driver?

I will appreciate every answer because no one can advise me on this problem and it is very annoying (modem restarts usually 1-2 per hour and takes 5 minutes).

Thank you, Michal

0 Kudos
9 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Begy,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system.  

· Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html  

· Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

· To save your scan, click Next and click Save.  

2. Is this the original adapter that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   

3. Is this a laptop or desktop computer?

4. Is this issue recent? If so, when did it start?

5. What is the model name of your model/router?

Regards,    

Deivid A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Begy
Beginner

Dear Deivid, I appreciate your answer!

1. I attached the scan into the attachment, some information is written in the Czech language. I hope that is no problem. If so, please let me know.

2. Nope, the laptop came with the older version of the wireless driver. It's more than one year old and I noticed few updates.

3. It's a laptop - Dell G5 15 5590

4. I have noticed it a few months ago but during summer I wasn't at that apartment where I have that modem. When I use the Internet connection frequently (downloading, watching online videos, and browsing websites) it can happen two times per hour. If I am doing the offline activity (no Internet needed) there is no problem with restarting the modem.

5. The name is Compal CH7465LG

My English is basic, sorry. If you don't understand something, let me know, please.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Begy, 

Thanks for the information provided. In order to help you further, please try the following:

1. Perform a clean installation of the Intel drivers:

- Steps: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/wireless/intel-wireless-products.html

- Driver: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

2. Check with DELL to perform a clean installation of their drivers.

3. Run all Windows updates, including optional updates.

4. Get in contact with DELL to confirm if there is a compatibility issue with the router/modem.

Please let me know the outcome.

Regards,   

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Begy
Beginner

Hello Deivid,

thank you for your answer.

1. I have tried it but it didn't unfortunately help.

1.1 Is there any option to install an old version of that driver? I have noticed that the problem appears from May 2021. I am looking for an older driver than this date (for example from 2020).
1.2 I have followed the steps for clean installation but when I restarted the computer the driver was already installed. I have tried to uninstall again but when I restart the laptop there is the driver installed every time.

2.  I am not able to install the Dell driver. I have attached the message which appears during a clean installation (Screenshot_2).
- I have tried this driver: https://www.dell.com/support/home/cs-cz/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=gt1g9&oscode=wt64a&productcode=g-series-15-5590-laptop

3. I have already done it.

4.  Dell, unfortunately, doesn't know what is wrong... Especially because it originally worked.

Thank you for your help, Michal

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Begy, 

Thank you for the information provided 

I will proceed to check the issue internally and post back soon with more details. 

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Begy
Beginner

Thank you Deivid. I look forward to your reply.

Michal

0 Kudos
Begy
Beginner

Hello Deivid,

I have another question for you (the problem is urgent for me so I am trying to find a solution).

One guy from the technical support of Internet provider told me that Jumbo packet can solve my problem. How can I set up the jumbo packet on my WiFi card (Wireless-AC 9560 driver)? 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Begy, 

This issue does not seem to be related to the driver or the wireless card since it works well with different APs. If you are looking for an old driver, I recommend you to check the DELL website:

- https://www.dell.com/support/home/es-cr/product-support/product/g-series-15-5590-laptop/drivers

Also, I noticed that you were trying to install a Killer package even though only the ethernet is from Killer and not your wireless card (Intel). Is there a reason why you tried it?

As per the "Jumbo packet", bear in mind that there are no jumbo frames for Wi-Fi. This issue seems to be related to the compatibility with the router, I recommend you to check with ISP for further steps since is not common that the wireless card reboots the modem or the router.

I do apologize for the delay.

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
Begy
Beginner

Hello Deivid,

Thank you for your answer.

I have already solved the problem: the Internet provider asked me to reinstall the laptop. Before do that, I have decided to uninstall every app separately and checked if something changed. When I uninstalled the Google Chrome the problem was gone. It was a huge surprise for me.
I've been looking for a solution for months to find that the whole problem was caused by Google Chrome.
I've erased the data of Google Chrome from all locations (AppData, ...) of my laptop and installed it again and now everything works well.

I appreciate your time. Thank you so much for your help.

Michal

0 Kudos