Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

More Bluetooth 5 features need to be introduced.....

idata
Employee

Hi,

I currently use a Lenovo Yoga 910 which had a Qualcomm wireless card pre-installed (I don't know which one). But I experienced too many dropped connections while browsing, which is why I decided to try Intel AC-8265. I loved the performance and reliability, which is why I bought a newer version, Intel AC-9260 mainly because it had Bluetooth 5. Everything worked fine, but I feel like it wasn't a bang for the buck because I don't really know what to do with Bluetooth 5 on Windows. I currently own a Samsung S8 which has Bluetooth 5 and I can do really cool things with it, like playing audio on two speakers at once. I really wish there would be a similar feature on Windows which can do that. After all, I believe that's the beauty of Bluetooth 5. Intel should introduce a new Bluetooth driver designed for Bluetooth 5 wireless cards which would introduce these features. It's about time they do that because more and more devices are starting to integrate Bluetooth 5. However, if there is a feature like that on Windows, can anyone tell me how to use it? Please reply if you agree or have a solution. Thanks.

-Sahil K

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello skaneria007,

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass this information on to the appropriate group.

Most of these type of features are introduced by the Operating System, not so much our drivers. Because of this, its always important to keep your computer updated.

Here is an external article outlining some of the new operating system features that will be coming about with Windows® 10's Spring Creators Update which should be available soon, including some new Bluetooth® features.

- https://www.howtogeek.com/340688/whats-coming-in-windows-10s-redstone-4-update-available-march-2018/ Everything New in Windows® 10's Spring Creators Update 2018 - howtogeek.com

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks, I've also started a discussion on Microsoft answers about this.... hope someone listens.

idata
Employee

Hello skaneria007,

We're still on the "early adopter" stage for Bluetooth® 5.0, I'm sure you'll be able to see more and more features being introduced (soon enough) as more compatible devices become available.

Again, thank you for your feedback. Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos