Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

My PC Keeps disconnecting from my home WIFI every hour. I recently bought it. Bios update, driver re-installation both did not help the problem. The message in the log is "the driver disconnected while associating"

IBanc2
Beginner

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

No information provided.

Download, run, and ATTACH (using the paperclip under the toolbar) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Doc

0 Kudos
IBanc2
Beginner

Here is the latest report

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

IBanc2, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

I just wanted to check if the issue persists with the Wireless connection and if you need further assistance on this matter?

If you do, please provide the following information:

What is the model of the Router or Access Point?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed on the computer?

When did the issue start?

Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
IBanc2
Beginner

Hi,

I do still experience the problem.

Hitron CODA-4582 (Rogers Canada Modem)

It is a week old system

I'm constantly trying to change settings and install/uninstall WIFI drivers (Tried both from ASRock and Intel)

At the moment when I just installed a clean Windows I think I did not have any problems, but later on, they started to appear, maybe one/two days after. As Iinstalled all the required apps and drivers. I have also tried to do a "Fresh Start" on Windows but it did not help.

The Wireless Card is a built in WIFI 6 AX200 in my ASRock x570 Taichi

I have several devices at home including Mac and Windows machines with no internet problems. However, none of them are WIFI 6 compatible.

It's a home PC (I tried to change the network preferences as Private in Windows, it did not help.

Sometimes it works for a long period of time when I change the settings to 802.11n. In addition it works without any problems on Linux (Ubuntu).

On the Events tab in Device Manager I get:

Device was deleted

Device Install requested

Device configured

Device installed

Device started

So after 5 minutes it re-connects automatically, but it still kicks me out of any online game or app I'm using

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello IBanc2, Thank you very much for providing that information.

We recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked in AsRock's web site and the Wireless driver version recommended for your platform is version 21.0.0.5, please try a clean installation of that driver:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570%20Taichi/#Download

Since the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 card works with the "802.11ax" protocol, please look in the Router settings to confirm if there is a way to enabled 802.11n/ac/ax Wireless Mode or HT Mode only.

Also, test the Wireless connection by choosing a specific band, either 2.4GHz or 5GHz to verify if the behavior is the same.

Additionally, try to change the channel width from "Auto" to "20 MHz" and let us know if the problem persists that way.

There are some customers that have reported that by disabling the 802.11R (Fast Transition Feature) also seems to fix the problem, could you please try that? you should be able to see that option in the modem settings.

Finally, please try to enable/disabled the Quality of Service (QoS) and verify if the issue persists, you will find further details about these options in the following link about Advanced Intel® Wireless Adapter Settings:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005585/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Do you have the option to use a different network or Router?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello IBanc2, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
IBanc2
Beginner

Hey,

No nothing helped, I have to use wired connection

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

IBanc2, Thank you very much for sharing those details.

We will do further research on this matter, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello IBanc2, I just received an update on this matter.

Since the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 card is not working on different routers, then the issue can be related to a hardware malfunction.

Based on the fact that the Intel® wireless card is integrated on the motherboard, the best thing to do now will be to get in contact directly with the manufacturer of the laptop for them to perform a physical inspection of the device and a replacement of the unit, if required, based on their warranty process:

https://www.asrock.com/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos