Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

N7260 isn't able to connect to my router (DIR-615)

GNg3
Beginner

It has been a long issue with N7260 and intel's incapability to solve this after months...

Not sure if this is another new case, but i recently just got this problem connecting to my room's router. I tried connecting to a cisco router everything seems fine, but when i tried connecting to my main room's router which is a dlink DIR-615 router, it just doesn't work. It is able to work with Skype, but not dropbox or the browser... It's pretty irritating.

I've tried another device to connect to my room's router, it worked fine. Right now I'm using my phone's tethering to send this discussion hopefully someone is able to help me resolve this issue..

It's really a pest not to be able to connect to my own's router which has a faster speed.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GNg3
Beginner

Just to add on, I'm using an Lenovo ThinkPad E440.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello ThreeM, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your system when trying to connect to a router.

Keep in mind that you do not have a defective N7260 adapter since it is capable to connect to the Cisco router.

Some recommendation I could give you are the following:

• Reset the router and leave it without security just for testing.
  • Check if there is a firmware update the router may need.
  • Since you are able to use Skype when connecting to the Dlink router, check if there is any application filter or port filter that is not allowing you to use those specific applications (Dropbox/browser).
  • Please check if and Antivirus or Firewall software may be blocking
0 Kudos
GNg3
Beginner

I tried resetting the router and stuff. phone is able to connect to it but just my laptop is having issues with it.. i just updated my router's firmware.. but that didn't solve it.

0 Kudos
GNg3
Beginner

it used to be able to work with the router, but just recently for no apparent reason. it didn't work. I tried pinging the router and the router to the laptop. both are able to ping each other.

Tried pinging google.com. that didn't work. it says Ping request could not find host google.com please check the name and try again... Seems like a DNS issue???

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Could you please try doing the same test, but using you wired connection?

0 Kudos