Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7726 Discussions

NUC11PHKi7C aka Phantom Canyon - Cannot disable WLAN

SimonStrach
Beginner

Since WiFi 6 didn't live up to my expectations (poor transfer-speed of large files), I returned to GB-Ethernet. As consequence I tried to shut down WLAN completely, even Bluetooth.  Went to BIOS, unchecked the appropriate boxes - but nothing changed. In Win 10 Pro 22H2 it still shows up, no matter what I do, tried almost every trick known to man - (Pustekuchen!).

What else can I do exept unplug the module?

Simon Strach, Germany

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SimonStrach
Beginner

Addendum - Removed 13! screws from my NUC in order to diassemble the WLAN-card - just to find out it is soldered down and cannot be removed - unless you use a solder iron. One of my other NUCs is more service-friendly: NUC8i7HVK aka Hades Canyon.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Did you switched OFF the WiFi in Windows settings? Network & Internet > Wi-Fi -> switch Wi-Fi Off

To switch Bluetooth OFF, enter Devices > Bluetooth & other devices and switch Bluetooth OFF.

BTW, even if you don't switch OFF your WiFi, once you are connecting the ethernet cable, your Internet will be connected trough cable.

Leon

0 Kudos