Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Netwtw04.sys error BSOD

JCont4
Beginner

Hi im getting BSOD with the error Netwtw04.sys, everytime i run a game. Does anybody knows how to fix this?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Goyangi,

We understand your computer is having BSOD's related to the wireless adapter driver. Here are some items for your consideration:

- Contact the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support and obtain their latest driver for your network adapter.

- Make sure your Operating System has any applicable updates.

- Check with the Game developer for updates, or if they are aware of any issues related to the software itself.

If you require further assistance, please let us know the following:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool with the system working fine and use it to create a report with all sections, once the report is created, click on the "Next" button. In the following screen, save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options of the communities to add the resulting file to your post as an attachment.

- Has this ever happened with any other application? or only with a single game?

- Do you run any additional software that may be affecting this? such as network monitoring, live streaming, etc.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
LBoro1
Beginner

Jonathan B, I have the same problem --- netwtw04.sys causing a BAD POOL CALLER crash on a brand-new HP Pavilion. The computer is only a few days old, but it is virtually unusable as a result of this problem. I can't go for more than an hour wihtout a crash.

The current driver is 19.60.0, and I have tried to download it multiple times. I used the Intel Driver Utility, I downloaded it directly from the Intel website, etc etc. However, my system is showing that Driver version 19.51.0.4 is installed, and I can't seem to update it no matter what I do.

Please help, I am on the verge of returning this laptop and starting over

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello LAB1963,

Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers version 19.60.0 is a software package, the actual driver version shown in Device Manager depends on your adapter model and OS version, 19.51.0.4 is fine for some adapters.

If this issue is happening on a new PC we strongly advise to engage the Computer Manufacturer Support for assistance.

If you prefer to troubleshoot, we will be glad to help you, for this we would need to apply our previous recommendations and to obtain the information requested in case the issue persists.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
LBoro1
Beginner

Thank you Jonathan. The adapter I'm using is an AC-7265. For whatever it's worth, I did contact HP and spent several hours on the phone with them running diagnostics on RAM, hard drive, and other components. Everything that we tested checked out.

In addition, I have uninstalled a number of third-party software programs, performed a clean boot, and performed quite a number of other steps.

I did reinstall the AC-7265 driver last night, and I haven't had a crash for the last ~4 hours of computer usage. If the crash occurs again, and netwtw04.sys is identified as the cause, I will re-post in this thread and follow any other steps you can recommend.

Thank you ---

Larry

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Larry,

We are glad to hear you've had progress on this matter. Please test the system and let us know if the issue is solved, or in case you require further assistance.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
LBoro1
Beginner

unfortunately the problem has persisted. i have confirmed that i'm using the current version of the AC-7265 driver, but i'm still crashing 2x to 4x per day, so it's got to be some other cause.

i'm just shipping the computer back and getting a replacement unit. this is not nearly worth the trouble.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Larry,

We hope you get a full resolution with the Place or purchase or OEM. Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
KTrig1
Beginner

Hi, I'm Also having issues with BSODs on my Fujitsu LIFEBOOK A555 such as IRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and most recently CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION, both are related to the Netw04.sys file, additionally these BSOD's happen when I try to update the faulty Network Card Driver, and even when disabling it or during uninstalling the faulty driver for Intel Wireless-N 7265 Network card. They also happen when updating windows, restarting the PC, plugging the power adapter in or unplugging it, if any changes are made to the wireless network, then it will also BSOD, including repairing/troubleshooting the network. The build of windows 10 that I'm on is Build 16232.rs_prerelease.170624-1334 (Windows 10 Home Insider Preview)

I hope that you can fix these issues as soon as possible, is there any way I can install an update to the network card driver without using the installer which bluescreens? please let me know

-Skorpion

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello SkorpionOff,

Please keep in mind this type of issues are not uncommon when using Insider Preview releases, as these are beta versions packed with experimental features. The idea of the Insider Preview*, as we understand it, is for Microsoft* to use you as a test subjects to find bugs before the features are rolled out to the general public.

In this case we can recommend booting into safe mode to uninstall your current driver. Once the old driver has been removed you will then need to boot back normally, and install the latest driver provided by your computer manufacturer, our our latest generic version as suggested in this thread.

If your system crashes when you run the installer (any installer? or just ours?) then it's possible that your OS may be at fault. If this is the case, then your driver may not be the problem and a new one won't fix things.

You can install a driver manually through Device Manager (you can also uninstall your current driver through Device Manager):

1. Download the latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26785/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-IT-Admins?v=t Intel® IT Admin Wireless Package for your OS. Extract the compressed file to a known location.

2. Right click on your start menu, select Device Manager from the list.

3. Expand your Network Adapters category

4. Right click on your Intel® Wireless Adapter, choose to Update Driver Software

5. Locate and install driver software manually. Point the installer to the folder where you extracted the IT Admin package.

If you would like assistance with any of these steps, please let us know.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
KTrig1
Beginner

intel_corp

Thanks for trying to solve my problem, I actually contacted Microsoft Support about this, and they Managed to fix the bluescreen issues.

Here are the steps they took to solve it:

1. Removed unnecessary Bluetooth and Wireless Drivers
  2. Went to control panel and ran the troubleshooter for networking
  3. Checked the Graphics Driver to see if it was up to date.
  4. Checked Event Viewer for Errors
  5. Disabled some configuration settings for the Network Card Driver
  6. Ran sfc/scannow in Command Prompt
  7. Rebooted PC

After these steps were taken, I am glad to say that I haven't had a bluescreen (or in my case a Green Screen of Death) since.

-SkorpionOff

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello SkorpionOff,

We're glad to hear your issue was resolved. If you need any further assistance, just let us know.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
jbrad5
Beginner

I also experience BSOD constantly, and the reason given is Netwtw04.sys

I have a brand new Dell Inspiron 15 5000, running Win10 x64...

I just purchased this machine from an infamous retailer of technology, and their "Nerd Gang"...whose assistance I paid a lot of money for...told me that there was nothing wrong and if I continue to have this problem, I'd have to go through the manufacturer.

I contacted Dell...their "assistance" included telling me that everything was fine with their product, and that it was a driver issue...thus, not their problem, and that I should contact Intel...

I feel like I just bought a lemon used car...

I've just spent over $1000.00 for a machine that resets itself everytime I attempt to go online.

I do NOT have the money to pay for this thing to be "fixed" when it's less than a month old.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello blooming_lotus,

We are really interested in resolving this issue and will be glad to help you. Please make sure you have applied the actions already mentioned in this thread, and if the issue persist, try the following as well:

- Make sure you are using the latest driver from the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/OEMs.html Computer Manufacturer Support (Dell*), or use the generic version from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Intel® Download Center.

- Apply the configuration mentioned in the advisory: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005544.html Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity

- From the advanced settings, please try the following change:

HT mode: HT Mode

Let us know if the issue reappears after these actions, and also provide the following details:

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool with the connection working fine and use it to create a report with all sections, once the report is created, click on the "Next" button. In the following screen, save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options of the communities to add the resulting file to your post as an attachment.

- Access point model and firmware version.

- How often does the issue occur?

- Do you run any specific task or program when this happens?

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello blooming_lotus,

We haven't heard back from you in a while. Has your issue been resolved?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
LBoro1
Beginner

to Blooming Lotus and the Intel team ----

for what it's worth, I was able to resolve my issue by uninstalling one of my antivirus programs. apparently I had two of them installed ---- one of them was disabled, but it was still triggering crashes for whatever reason. this fault showed up in my dump files, and a sharp-eyed person spotted it and pointed it out to me. once I made this change, the crashes stopped.

don't know if this is relevant for you Blooming Lotus, but maybe it's worth investigating

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello LAB1963,

Thank you for reporting back with your resolution.

It's not at all uncommon for blue screens to be caused by software that modifies a driver such as antivirus, VPN, and firewall applications among others.

We're glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos