Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

Netwtw04.sys error with BSOD (driver up to date)

JWU76
Beginner

Just got a brand new laptop and been getting crashes due to Netwtw04 errors every few hours. I have updated the drivers and have tried rolling back to old drivers but nothing seems to help. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
26 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Jordan,

Yes, this will completely wipe and reload your system. You will need to back up your files, then reinstall programs and drivers afterwards.

On the plus side, if the issue is resolved, you'll know this was caused by an operating system corruption. If not, then we're left with defective hardware (either your wireless adapter or the motherboard of your laptop).

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
JWU76
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

I went ahead and reinstalled the system yesterday. Will let you know if crashes occur again.

Thanks for all your help

Jordan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jordan,

Sounds good. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Please let us know either way.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
JWU76
Beginner

Just an update, it's been a few days since I reinstalled windows and have not had a crash so far. So I guess if someone is rocking a brand new laptop and this problem occurs out of the box like me, might just be easier to reload windows before you start adding programs and personal data. Just saves the hassle of backing everything up and reinstalling everything.

Thank!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jordan,

This is good to hear. If we don't hear back from you before, we'll back check in on you sometime next week.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jordan,

We have not heard back from you in a while. We hope this means that your issue has been resolved.

If this is not the case, or your need any further assistance. Feel free to let us know or contact us again.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos