Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

New Acer Nitro AN715-52 Poor Wifi AX201

Oneperfectionist
Beginner
My wife bought me the Acer Nitro AN715-52 for Christmas. It has the wireless AX201 from Intel. From startup I has problems detecting any routers. I make that plural because any of my many devices can detect any of the two routers in my house as well as many neighbor's routers. I also enabled my phone as a wireless hotspot and was able to get one bar with my phone directly next to the laptop. I also went directly next to the router and only get 1 bar when directly next to it.

I've connected by physical connection and jave done windows updates. I may update the bios, but may swap out believing this laptop has issues and don't want to risk voiding it.

I've tried changing some of tje parameters ive read online such as QoS, but saw no difference. My router is a Arris svg2482ac. Because of this i did try changing the setting from device manager to only do AC. But that didn't fix the signal strength issue.

I also have a Netgear Nighthawk AX8 Extender and have tried this. Sitting directly next to it i have all the same issue, 1 to no bar of signal connection to it. I'm unsure if this is hardware or software issue. It appeared at one point to jump at one point, but then lost the enthusiasm.

I've already checked for the latest driver version and even though i apparently have the newest Acers website has a more recent date shown than that on my laptop. Just fyi the driver version is 21.70.0.6.

This laptop has already shown one hard drive issue that, although fixed itself after a couple reboots, is still a concern. If this is truly hardware related that will give me more cause to swap this out for a new one, but if this is a setting or driver issue then that helps me decide on what i should do next.

Please help me understand the issue.

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It sounds like the antennas are not working. Check the antenna connections at the WiFi card.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

It sounds like the antennas are not working. Check the antenna connections at the WiFi card.

...S

0 Kudos
Oneperfectionist
Beginner
Thanks for the awesome and quick reply. I believe you are right, but I'm cautious of opening up the laptop and risking
voiding warranty. They have agreed to take it back and I will probably just get a new one. I appreciate your time.
0 Kudos