Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7429 Discussions

New driver 22.110.1.1 very slow

enricoe
Beginner

With the new driver 22.110.1.1 my Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160 Mz is gone from 100Mb/s to 3-5Mb/s.

I rollback the driver to the 22.100.1.1 and now it's ok.

8 Replies
ChrisDay
Beginner

Had exactly the same problem with the 22.110.1.1 driver. Rollback works.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello enricoe

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to review this further, could you please provide us with the following details?

1- Just to make sure, did the issue start right away after your installed driver version 22.110.1.1?

2- Are you having issues with all wireless bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz)?

3- How are you measuring/monitoring the speed? Please provide details and screenshots.

4- Have you checked if this issue happens on different networks? Is this issue happening at home, office environment, or both?

5- Router or Access Point (AP) maker and model:

6- Is the Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 the original wireless adapter that came pre-installed in your system or did you integrate/replace it?

7- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Michael-M
Beginner

My Dell Latitude 7400 laptop is affected by the same issue.

I am unsure, if the issue directly started after the installation 22.110.1.1. Maybe also Windows updates triggered the issue. I updated the Intel driver and installed the latest Windows 10 updates during this week.

Uninstalling the driver and just using what Windows 10 automatically installs solves the issue.

The throughput issue can be easily observed using Ookla's speedtest. I did run it in my wifi, and also connected to my iPhone's hotspot. Therefore I can rule out that the WiFi/router is the root cause.

For my wifi the values are (down/up):

• 102 MBit/s / 41 MBit/s with a good driver - this is my DSL connection limitation
  • 90 MBit/s / 0.14 MBit/s with 22.110.1.1

@AndrewG_Intel I don't want to spend more time with gathering your requested details. The issue is reported clearly by different users now, and should be reproducable by Intel.

Regards, Michael

0 Kudos
EngHosam
Novice

Yes, unstable speed:

https://f.top4top.io/m_2216buu7r1.m4v

laptop: HP450G7 i7-10510u

win10 x64 Version21H1

(testing in 100 & 110 not sure)

each time unstable occurs, it has been solved after restart !!!!

WHY ???????

there is only one AP has 5ghz in my region.

after testing with iperf-3.1.3-win64:

1 connection speed is 40 MB/s

but 2 connections is 54 MB/s

but 3 connecyions is 66 MB/s...

WHY ??

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello enricoe

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you need further assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you have additional inquiries.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello Michael-M and EngHosam

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Everyone's situation and environment are unique so we kindly recommend creating your own thread to isolate your case and system configuration, please make sure you add the information of the system model and specs, detailed information of the problem that you are having, plus all the information that you have added to this thread, so we can get more information about the problem.

Thank you for your understanding; hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
EngHosam
Novice

how you rollback ?? i can't on Win 10 x64 it refuse

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello enricoe

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Hello EngHosam, we noticed that have currently two open threads (thread 1, thread 2) regarding Intel® Wireless, we recommend that you address additional concerns through your active thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos