Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7426 Discussions

New wireless software not working properly with MSI GT70 (Intel Wireless 15.8.0).

WChin8
Beginner

Hello,

I'm having an Issue with the new wireless software. I've been having connection issues with the new driver. Every time I boot up the computer under Windows 8 Pro, the internet will not connect. I have been opening up Intel's Pro Wireless Software and renewing the IP address every time. Is there a problem with the settings? I used to have an older driver and it worked but don't know why the updated one is having problems.

I have installed 2 items alongside the driver:

1. Uninstalled Pro Wireless software and driver.

2. Uninstalled Intet Display 4000 driver

3. Installed Pro Wireless sotware and drivers (newer version 15.8.0)

4. Installed Intel Display 4000 driver (latest version).

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

William_C.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello William,

Would you please indicate the Intel® wireless adapter model and the older driver version?

Did anything else change in regards of hardware or software?

0 Kudos
WChin8
Beginner

It is a Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230. Prior to it was the driver 15.6.1. Other than that, It was recently installed. I don't see any other changes in hardware or software.

William.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee
0 Kudos
WChin8
Beginner

I've found out the problem. I accidentally used the Windows 8 firmware for the Keyboard. After reverting it back to the Windows 7 (which was installed by default), it worked.

Sorry but thanks,

William.

0 Kudos