Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7488 Discussions

No Bluetooth-Audiostreaming with DualBand WirelessN 7260 under Windows 8

DEube
Beginner

Hello,

i've got a litte problem. I installed the latest Software and Drivers, but I'm not able to stream music or phone calls from my htc One X (Android 4.2.2) to my Notebook. I can connect without any problems and can transfer files, but there is no possibility to stream sound/music ?

Is this a general problem with this driver? Maybe you can help me =)

Thanks a lot...

0 Kudos
43 Replies
DEube
Beginner

No difference between the new and the old driver, too.

No audio profiles =(

(htc one x with Android 4.4.2)

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Do you get any profiles from the Microsoft* inbox driver after uninstalling Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth®?

0 Kudos
DVand32
Novice

No, the inbox driver also shows no profiles on the devices. The /message/231800# 231800 latest drivers you released actually show the different profiles in Device Manager, but on neither of my Android devices.

Below is a screenshot of the inbox/generic driver (no profiles in device manager, /message/231826# 231826 no profiles on device):

Below is a screenshot of the /message/231800# 231800 latest drivers you released (profiles show in device manager, but /message/231826# 231826 no profiles on Android device):

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Let me investigate further about this.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

The following information is available in the Help section of the Bluetooth* driver, under Product Description:

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) (Source/Sink): Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 support audio profiles natively. In turn, interaction with media players and VoIP software is out of scope for Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology from Windows 8 onwards.

I suggest contacting Microsoft* in regards of this inquiry.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos
CBrow18
Beginner

Me too ... Latest drivers (BT Audio is 3.0.1304.328) on Windows 7 x64. BT audio always ultimately stops working requiring a reboot (other driver restart trick do not work). Sometimes plays quality audio while other times the audio is very choppy. All testing done with a standard, updated Windows 7 Ultimate install. A similar system is running fine with another manufacture's dongle.

Intel ... are you working on this reliability problem? If not, would you simply advise us to avoid Intel Bluetooth attempts?

Thank you,

Chris

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Chris, the latest version (17.0.1401.03) is linked above in post 19.

0 Kudos
CBrow18
Beginner

Thank you; However, the latest version, 17.0.1401.03, is what I was using and that is what has the problems I describe. I have uninstalled the Intel bluetooth software. A new bluetooth 4.0 interface, PLANEX BT-MICRO4, runs flawlessly using the Motorola Solutions bluetooth stack. Hey, we all have our weaknesses..

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

A new driver will be released soon. I will keep you posted.

0 Kudos
qphan1
Beginner

Hi, I am having this problem too

My T400s running Windows 7: there are those options for Phone operations:

However, for my other laptop running Windows 8.1 there is no such options

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

You will only be able to stream audio from your PC to other devices like speakers, headsets or similar. The Bluetooth profile called A2DP SINK is not supported by Microsoft* on Windows* 8/8.1. This means the PC cannot receive an audio stream from another device (A2DP SRC) and play it over its speakers.

bjog
Beginner

but, why this option of A2DP is taken away in windows 8/8.1?

i thought we are improving operating system as we upgrade, but looks like intel or microsoft is taking u-turn.

I was using this feature very much in windows 7 for parties.

Hopefully they will fix windows 8/8.1 and also add it in upcoming windows 10.

0 Kudos
qphan1
Beginner

Hello Joe

So what about making a phone call via Bluetooth connection?

0 Kudos
MSimo7
Beginner

C'mon, don't blame the operating sistem.

I just changed my wireless card to the 7260 too and learned the hard way. The card that came with the laptop worked great (atheros), i could stream music from the phone to the laptop on windows 8.1 with no problem. Now i can't.

0 Kudos
BGroy
Beginner

There is virtually no Bluetooth functionality available in the Intel Windows 8.x Bluetooth driver.

Other Bluetooth devices (Broadcom, Atheros, etc) provide a full suite of Bluetooth functionality on Windows 8.x. Intel Bluetooth drivers are currently not useful on Windows 8. We can pair devices and transfer files. There is not much functionality beyond that.

0 Kudos
ACrue
Beginner

In a past life I managed a Field Engineering Support Team for a Major computer manufacturer.

I was,for many years, a tech support engineer on a computer manufacturing floor.

I build reliable desktops and provide computer support to many clients.

Up until recently I was a promoter of Toshiba, for price versus reliability.

I have a brand new ASUS Q50 series laptop with the AC 7260.

Bluetooth works fine with an external Sony BT speaker.

The Ethernet is lightning Fast.

But my Wifi drops when attempting to stream a radio station via Tunein.

I also have a Nexus 7 tablet which when in the problem locations, streams all night without the slightest disruption.

If there is an occasional buffering that is due to the stream, not the home network (this is understandable).

I cannot stream video over WiFi with the Asus. The tablet does stream the same test fine.

It cannot be the access point. I have tried various channels.

If I run the laptop within line of sight of the access point it holds up well.

But as soon as I move approximately 10 - 15 feet away, it begins dropping. (the Tablet dose not in the same location).

I have the latest drivers. 1.13.11.5 from the Intel website.

I tried disabling U-APSD. It appears to me that these are stall tactics to attempt to displace the problem to us the users.

I feel like I have a fast car that has a great engine but no wheels. It runs great in the garage but is useless on the road.

I bought this to take full advantage of the great battery life, the great display specs, and excellent performance, but must remained tethered to Ethernet in order to sustain streaming audio or video without drops. To watch a streaming video over HDMI, I had to buy a longer Ethernet cable and use the TV in the same room as the access point.

When it drops it tends to hang such that sometimes I cannot resume basic web browsing unless I reboot.

Then it will run fine for about ten minutes (at range as above) until it hangs again.

Please note I traded for this ASUS after being totally frustrated with the exact same symptoms on a Toshiba P55w (nearly identical featured laptop, that incidentally contains the AC 7260. We are talking about $750 price range laptop, not a cheapie.

But my $200 tablet is proving more reliable at streaming under identical conditions.

The Toshiba did not also include the Ethernet connection so I was totally subject to terrible WiFi with no alternative.

Summary of symptoms:

Ethernet excellent throughput

Wifi good throughput within ten feet, line of sight of the access point

Terrible performance of Wifi with any wall between the laptop and the access point.

Tablet is not suffering the same symptoms in the same locations.

My conclusion after reading many forums and investigating many brands for many hours of scouring for a reliable laptop alternative:

Many users are complaining of similar dysfunction with this same Wifi card, on various brands which include it.

Lenovo, Toshiba, Dell, ASUS forums all report this problem.

I have the problem on both ATT Uverse Access point and Xfinity Access Point.

5GHZ is not a viable alternative suggestion as it does not exist in many places.

an average browser might not experience it, but streaming users are reporting it.

Toshiba has insulted us by daring to ask for money to help resolve this issue on a brand new laptop.

I have not brought it to Asus attention as I have proven it is the Wifi card that is common to both brands.

Looking at today's offerings most brands include this Wifi card.

The brand should not be held accountable for the Intel contents.

Intel needs to test this Wifi card at range with a video streaming movie of average length, and/or an audio stream for a period of time.

I am hoping Intel will solve this with a driver update as opposed to determining it is a hardware (antenna) issue.

I strongly suspect after returning and testing two different brands with this card in common, that Intel is up against the wall.

imagine of this is hardware? Many brands are going to have recall issues.

If Intel does not own this problem who is to be held accountable?

I have ten days left to wait for a fix before I must take advantage of my Best Buy return feature. That ability to return it helps me remain patient.

I suppose that Intel must under a lot of pressure to resolve these issue, and want ot trust you will do so.

Please do not prove me wrong.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

The following article provides information about Bluetooth* profiles support.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-034935.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Supported Features of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® Technology

BUsla
Novice

Joe,

Installing the Qualcomm Atheros BT Driver suite from http://http//support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Bluetooth&p=3&ft=27&os=30 here even when using Intel Bluetooth hardware allows phone calls, audio streaming and other features via Bluetooth. However, it has a couple issues like being unable to use the PC Settings app in Windows 8.1 to pair new devices (you have to right click on the BT icon in the taskbar tray and pair that way instead) and everyone would prefer to use drivers built by their own hardware manufacturer. Would there be any way that Intel could provide an updated Bluetooth suite in Windows 8, considering how Qualcomm have done it? Would you be able to pass this on to the team who build the drivers?

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Highly disappointed that Intel is blaming Microsoft? They just made the hardware companies provide the proper bluetooth profiles.If you're going to claim "A2DP" support for the 7260 Desktop, then you need to provide it! This is kind of crazy that it is not provided by Intel. Too bad it is too late for me to return this product because I am highly disappointed

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello,

We are continuously working to improve our devices and drivers. However, there may be some Bluetooth® profiles that are not natively supported by the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Bluetooth® technology.

We would advise you to make sure you are using the most current driver for the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-ac 7260 for Desktop from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/75439/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260 Drivers & Software.

If still, the device is not able to connect, you might want to check with the device manufacturer, or the http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support for assistance.

0 Kudos
DAgan
Beginner

So lets see if I get this straight:

The Intel bluetooth driver does not support A2DP?

I've installed the latest drivers on my HP Zbook 14 G2 and the computer still cant find my bluetooth headset.

My phone can, my old phone can, my fiancees computer can, but my 2000 dollar monster machine can't - this is unacceptable.
0 Kudos