Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7428 Discussions

No Internet Connection message display on driver version 15.6.1

idata
Employee

Hardware: Dell Latitude E6420

Wireless Card: Intel Advanced-N 6250 AGN

Upon installing the newest version of ProSet, the native WiFi icon and the ProSet icon both have a yellow bang when connected to WPA2/PSK Cisco AP. Hovering on the native icon reveals a message of "no internet access", opening the Intel ProSet connection utility shows "Internet Access : No"

Here's the kicker, I have perfect signal and working internet access. So why does it show the message?

0 Kudos
25 Replies
EPhil1
Beginner

Thankyou Frederic-MUC for this solution. It has worked for us as well.

I really believe Intel needs to get ahead of this problem with their ProSet Wireless drivers. Our shop has seen this bug where the network connection states 'No internet access' and displays the yellow exclamation mark over the connection icon in the system tray. This has happened on Lenovo T530, Dell E6230, 6530 laptops.

Anytime these laptops have had the Intel ProSet Wireless drivers ver. 15.6.1 or newer installed they are permanently broken. This was the first solution I've seen that actually works.

The combination seems to be Intel ProSet Wireless Driver 15.6.1 or newer and the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 wireless device.

0 Kudos
LHaac
Beginner

Had the same problem with a Dell 17r 7720se, Intel Centrino N-2230 wifi card with 15.9.2.1 driver. The false no connection exclamation point displayed on wifi icon in task bar. I too had a working wifi connection showing in internet connections but the exclamation point would remain until IE was opened.

Frederic_MUC's solution worked. But I have 3 boxes: Unchecked all three - "Enable Intel WiFi HotSpot Assistant" and "Automatically connect to free wifi hotspots" and "Automatically connect to paid (subscription) wifi hotspots" in Intel PROSet/Wireless Tools /Intel Wifi Hotspot Assistant /settings. I did not uninstall anything. Just rebooted and the nasty little exclamation point icon disappears in 2 seconds after startup when wifi connects.

0 Kudos
SMead1
Beginner

I tried Fredric_MUC's fix and now I am getting "No Supported WiFi adapters available in the system".

0 Kudos
SMead1
Beginner

Reverted to a restore point from last week and everything is working.

0 Kudos
kjame8
Beginner

In case you are one of those users who have been facing or faced the issue where your system’s Wi-Fi is connected but internet doesn’t then you are not the only one. Here we have some methods to resolve this problem but in case you want to go for detailed methods then you can visit this webpage https://appuals.com/fix-no-internet-connection-windows-10/

1- Remove Temp Files:

Tap the Windows key and X altogether, tap the option File Explorer, write C:\Windows\temp and tap Enter. In case you are impelled about administrator permission then tap the option of Continue. Now in the folder you will see many temp files. Just click Ctrl + A when you choose all the files, then right-click and tap to Delete before reconnecting to the network.

2- Reset DNS:

Just right-click the network connection icon and tap the option of Open Network and Sharing Center. Then press the option named Change adapter settings. Here right-click your WiFi adapter and tap to Properties. Now choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), tap Properties and Obtain and Press the option of obtain IP address automatically. In case it still doesn’t fix the error then choose the option of Use the following DNS server addresses and fill in the address before tapping Ok.

3- Updating or installing McAfree again:

There are many users who have said that by updating or reinstalling the McAfee security program can fix this issue. In case you’re utilizing McAfee as your antivirus program then update it to the newest version.

0 Kudos