Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

No stable connection with "Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz"

Lokomotive99
Beginner

I built a PC with Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (Build 19044.1526) especially for me. I gave him additionally a network card (model: Asus PCE-AX3000 PCIe card) with Bluetooth and Wifi 6.

Unfortunately, the PC has a force of habit of cutting the Wifi connection (no Internet, secured) several times an hour and also after booting up due to DNS problems (so my guess). 

i took a look in the windows event viewer and get different error IDs which all come at least from the source netwtw08. In the meantime I also get the messages ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED, DNS_PROBE_STARTED and DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET via the browser (Opera, Edge).

Now I have already checked whether drivers are available and subsequently downloaded and installed the latest from Intel (version 22.110.2 from 25.1.22). I also tried to temporarily improve the network settings, but without success.

Now i asked in the microsoft forums and they forwarded me to the Intel forum, with the reply, that those are all messages from the driver in the event viewer, there might be a compatibility issue with the card and the adapter.

Error codes on the event viewer

• 5002: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Network adapter malfunction detected.

• 5005: Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz : Internal error occurred.

• 5007: TX/CMD timeout (TfdQueue hanged)

• 6666: Firmware dbgc dump trigger

• 10400: A reset operation has been initiated for the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160MHz network interface. Network connections will be temporarily lost while the hardware resets. Cause: The network driver requested that it be reset. This network interface has been reset 23 times since it was last initialized.

PC details

first operation: dec 27th 2021
Mainboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU: Intel i9-9900K
GPU: MSI GTX 1050/MSI GTX 1660 Ti
RAM: 16GB RAM
Network card: Asus PCE-AX3000

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JosueO_Intel

Hello Lokomotive99,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. In order to have a better understanding of the issue, please share with us the following information: 

1. Was it working before? When did the issue start happening?
  2. Have you reported the issue to ASUS?
  3. Have you tried using the drivers provided by ASUS?
  4. Have you checked compatibility with your motherboard manufacturer?
  5. Do you get any error codes on the device manager?

Also, please download and install the Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU):

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- 

Open the application and select "Everything" click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View". Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".  

Click on "Next", save the report and attach it to your response.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Lokomotive99
Beginner

sorry, have been out for nearly a week. to answer the questions straight:

1. Was it working before? When did the issue start happening?
    no, it didn't worked once since i bought it.
  2. Have you reported the issue to ASUS?
    No, ASUS wasn't informed by now. only Microsoft has been informed in it's forum in german (seeing here
  3. Have you tried using the drivers provided by ASUS?
    Yes, i tried them with no result.
  4. Have you checked compatibility with your motherboard manufacturer?
    yes, i checked and saw no compatibility issues.
  5. Do you get any error codes on the device manager?
    not even one error strangely

i've been running SSU and attached the files here. maybe this helps

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Lokomotive99,

Were you able to check the previous post?  

Let us know if you still need assistance.  

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Lokomotive99,

Thank you for the information provided, in this case, please be sure to be running the latest BIOS update for your system, you can check the available BIOS versions for your system on the following link, if you need assistance updating the BIOS, please contact the motherboard manufacturer to get specific steps:

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/mpg-z390-gaming-pro-carbon/support#down-bios

In case you already have the latest BIOS, please try using the BETA version for testing purposes. Please contact the motherboard manufacturer to be sure the BETA version is safe to install. 

Also, we recommend performing a clean install of the latest wireless drivers provided by the system manufacturer since these drivers are customized. Follow these steps:

Check Windows* updates:

• Click the Windows Start button. 

• Click the search and type Windows updates and click on that option.

• Select Check for Updates and ensure you have the latest Windows* version. 

Clean installation of the Wireless Driver:

1- Download the latest customized driver from the Computer Manufacturer Support Websites and save the installer on the computer.

1. Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Uninstall the Intel Wireless driver. To do this, please follow the steps on the link below under these sections:

• Uninstalling the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth® Driver for Your Intel® Wireless Adapter

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005756.html

4- Restart the computer.

5- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

6- Repeat steps 3 through 5 until the option to Delete the driver software for this device is greyed out.

7- Install the latest wireless driver provided by the system manufacturer.

8- Once the latest driver has been installed, enable the internet connection again.

If the issue persists, repeat the Clean installation process using the latest Intel® generic wireless driver available at Download Center.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19351/windows-10-and-windows-11-wi-fi-drivers-for-intel-wireless-adapters.html

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos
Lokomotive99
Beginner

i updated my motherboard with the latest stable version and made a clean installation of the drivers, which not really helped much.

i managed to take a look on recent test reviews of the network card and read that switching both antennas might help, which i tried and i guess it works now. i don't know why it helped but my pc now automatically connects with the wifi and keeps the connection the complete day

0 Kudos
JosueO_Intel

Hello Lokomotive99,

Thank you for the information provided, I am glad to hear that the issue is now solved and everything is working fine. 

It is worth mentioning that our recommendation is to always check with the manufacturer to see how everything must be installed and to get any recommendations from them to make the system work. In case you need further assistance, please contact ASUS for specialized support on their wireless card. 

If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards, 

Josue O.  

0 Kudos