Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Not showing WiFi or Lan connection

naTo10
Beginner
The WiFi and Lan connection option is not showing. I have an Asus turf 504gd. Please reply soon.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello naTo10,

Thank you for posting on the Intel* Community.

To better assist you, please provide us with the below information:

• Was the connection working fine before? If so, please provide details about when it stops working (after an update, etc)
  • Please confirm if the error code on your device manager is "Code 10"
  • Does the wireless card come with your Laptop or it is an integration you made?
  • Did you try a different Access Point (Router/Modem)?
  • Are other devices able to connect to the network you are using?

Please run the following tool in Windows* and attach the report generated. 

Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) 

• Intel® SSU Download
  • Open the application and click on "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel® SSU will take you to the "Summary View". 
  • Click on the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View". 
  • To save your scan, click on "Next", then "Save". 

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jobyn
Beginner

I've run into this exact same issue today, just after an automatic windows update.

The connection was working yesterday, but I didn't check again until this morning after the update. 

The wireless card I have came with the laptop.

I did try different methods, and I can actually connect by going through the bluetooth option on my phone as a hotspot.

Other devices are connecting normally.

The report only gave this in networking:

Intel ® Network Connections Install Options Not Available
Intel ® Network Connections Version Not Available
Intel ® PROSet/Wireless Software Version Not Available

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Good ole Microsoft.

Here's the process for fixing this:

1. If you haven't already, download - but do not install just yet - the latest Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for your adapter. If you cannot do so from this PC, do it on another PC and bring the packages over via USB flash disk. Here are links to these drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29876https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29849 and https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25016.
  2. Disable Internet access. Unplug Ethernet cable and/or disable wireless. Keep disabled until told to re-enable.
  3. From Apps & Features, check for instances of Intel Network ConnectionsIntel PROSet/Wireless Software or Intel Wireless Bluetooth. If none of these, skip to step 6.
  4. Uninstall each instance present. When prompted, choose to "Discard Settings". 
  5. Manually reboot your computer.
  6. In Device Manager, check Network Adapters for entries for Intel Ethernet Connection XXXX, Intel XXXX Gigabit Network ConnectionIntel Dual Band Wireless-AC XXXX or Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX20x 160MHz. If none of these, go to Step 9.
  7. Right click on each entry identified and uninstall it, choosing to "Delete the driver software for this device".
  8. Go to Step 5.
  9. (Optional but recommended) Clean out all temporary files using the Windows Clean Disk tool. I recommend that you checkmark all categories offered, even if no files currently (so it leaves it set up for next invocation).
  10. (Optional but recommended) Clear each of your browsers' cache.
  11. Install the Intel Network Adapter Driver package.
  12. Install the Bluetooth driver package.
  13. Install the Wireless driver package.
  14. Manually shutdown and reboot your computer.
  15. Enable Internet access.
  16. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello naTo10, Jobyn,

Were you able to check the previous post? Did you follow the peer recommendations?

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello naTo10,

We have not heard back from you, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer being monitored.

Best regards, 

Maria R.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos