Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

Numerous connectivity issues with AX200 and AX201 Adapters

Robbinsf
Novice

For anyone reading this on the user forum please respond and let us know if you are having similar issues as we are. 

I administer an Enterprise that presently has 2100+ client devices with either the Ax200 or Ax201 wireless card.  We are having numerous connectivity issues with these systems.

The laptop model these cards are in are the Dell Latitude 7420 2 in 1 and  Dell Latitude 5520.

The wireless infrastructure these devices connect to in most of our offices utilize Extreme Wireless 510c enterprise grade APs.  All of the offices have had wifi surveys performed and all of them have excellent wireless coverage throughout the building, low interference, and high SNR values.

We also have offices with Aruba 305 and 315 APs and the issues occur in these offices as well.

The issues are as followed

When our staff re-authenticate, roam to another AP, or the AP changes channels they are unable to route their traffic past the AP until they manually choose disconnect and then reconnect to the wireless. The staff will have a globe icon where there Wifi icon should be and when you click the globe they see the message "connected no internet secured"

These systems are still connected to the AP but are unable to traverse the network or internet in this state. 

This happens to numerous systems causing a major loss of productivity and work as the offices are wireless only with no option to wire in. 

Intermittently staff are flat out unable to connect to our wireless
Intermittently staff flat out do not see our SSID
Specifically on the 7420 and 5520 models when you close the laptop lid wireless signal strength drops anywhere between 30-0% as soon as you open the lid, the strength is at or near 100% again.

Troubleshooting thus far

WiFi surveys to verify there is nothing wrong with the "air" in our environment

Tested driver versions from 22.130.0.5 to 22.160.0.3

Tested using systems without any software installed, and with a brand new "image"

Verified L2 to L3 connectivity across the enterprise and ruled out issues within the network itself

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Robbinsf,  

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (Gig+) and Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200(Gig+).   

In order to better assist you, please provide the following:  

1. Are these the original adapters that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?  

2. Is the Bluetooth working?  

3. Is this issue present only with the Intel drivers or also with the Dell drivers?

4. Are there any error codes at the device manager (code 10, code 43)?

5. What is the operating system version and build?

6. Have you reported this issue to Dell?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
Robbinsf
Novice

1. Are these the original adapters that came pre-installed on your computer or did you change/install the adapter to this one?   Original installed by Dell

2. Is the Bluetooth working?  yes

3. Is this issue present only with the Intel drivers or also with the Dell drivers? We have only tested with the dell drivers.  Presently on 22.160.0.3

4. Are there any error codes at the device manager (code 10, code 43)? I will have to check.

5. What is the operating system version and build? Windows 10 Ver21H2 OS Build 19044.1889

6. Have you reported this issue to Dell? Yes we recently opened a ticket with Dell.

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Robbinsf, 

Thanks for the information provided. In this case, I would like you to try the following:

1. Check with Dell to confirm that the laptops are running the latest BIOS version.

2. Since you tested only Dell drivers, as a test, try a clean installation of the Intel drivers.

3. To confirm, is the issue present if the laptop is connected to a different network/AP or to a hotspot?

Best regards, 

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Robbinsf,

After checking your thread, I would like to know if you need further assistance. 

If so, please let me know. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos
DeividA_Intel
Employee

Hello Robbinsf, 

I was checking your thread and see that we have not heard back from you.  

I’m going to close your post, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to create a new thread. 

Regards,  

Deivid A.  

0 Kudos