Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7646 Discussions

Odd text on screen- user GJAYAP? Not sure where it is from

DeeMentedBeauty
New Contributor I

2023-03-05 01:07:15 BullseyeCoverage 8.25.21 error 15: Cannot find C:\WINDOWS\Temp\195f7c8a58c1a8d206e0fefc25839c7eb540bd/test.cov, errno=2 "The system cannot find the file specified. ". COVFILE is not set. Program=c:/Users/gjayap/HaraHaraMahDev/ibt_core-win-hsw/ibt_win_src/06-host_sw/win/bin/setupres/Release/Win32/setupenu.dll

Had the above message on my computer, and after opening it, reading it, and copying it to look it up on the net- it is gone. I am not sure who that user is, or what it pertains to. Any ideas? I am not good with comps so will need help if you need me to find something in here. I do have this info:

Device name LAPTOP-8BNRJ5ET
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10300H CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.83 GB usable)
Device ID 7173F141-1489-4EA8-B9F0-E9A51975EDDD
Product ID 00342-20716-74413-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Again, not even sure that helps, but it is a start  Thanks!

1 Solution
Steven_Intel

Many thanks all for your reply.

I will take the information provided and get back to you as soon as I have an update.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

View solution in original post

32 Replies
1d10t
New Contributor I

It is a subtle request for the Intel Developers to inspect their Driver Update Program Code.

Is the issue an error on the part of the Developers, or have Malicious State Actors breached Intel's Source Code, and added undocumented features to their Driver Update Code?

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks for all the information provided.

We will look into this and as soon as I have an update, I will let you know.

Best regards,

Steven G.

DeeMentedBeauty
New Contributor I
I look forward to a solution to what happened to my computer. It's definitely been acting different ever since, but scans don't show any malware or virus on it. I'm not sure why it took somebody on this thread to suggest how to fix it, but I hope Intel indeed figures out what is going on. I don't think I could be the only one that this happened to.
1d10t
New Contributor I

Intel Customer Support - Case #: 05821243

0 Kudos
1d10t
New Contributor I

Reply from Intel Technical Support.

Hello James,

Thank you for waiting for our response,

We already did the research about the issue and we don't have any other reports about this issue, also while checking the log file we noticed the directory in place is not the location for a Bluetooth driver.

I don't think so, I know that Drivers are not placed in the users home directory, however your Driver Update is placing the file “BullseyeCoverageError.txt” there.

Have you checked the Intel Community or Microsoft? I Have.

BullseyeCoverageError.txt text file in Windows user directory after Bluetooth driver update (First Reported 03-30-2023)

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/BullseyeCoverageError-txt-text-file-in-Windows-user-directory/m-p/1471436

Odd text on screen- user GJAYAP? Not sure where it is from (First Reported 03-28-2023)

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Odd-text-on-screen-user-GJAYAP-Not-sure-where-it-is-from/m-p/1477231

Unexpected Text file in my Windows home dir after updating BlueTooth Wireless driver (First Reported 03-08-2023)

https://community.intel.com/t5/Wireless/Unexpected-Text-file-in-my-Windows-home-dir-after-updating/td-p/1463229/

I found a BullsEyeCoverageError.txt and it seems suspicious for me because I don't know what it is for. (First Reported 03-28-2023)

https://answers.microsoft.com/tr-tr/windows/forum/all/i-found-a-bullseyecoverageerrortxt-and-it-seems/9f536848-188e-4f6b-ac00-23a6a3325f2c

Our recommendation is to contact the Original Equipment Manufacturer of the computer as this could be related to Bullseye Coverage Tool or Unity bug as seen in this thread

https://forum.unity.com/threads/bullseyecoverageerror.602257/

This information is over four years old. (Dec 22, 2018, Dec 31, 2018, Jan 3, 2019, Feb 5, 2019, Feb 11, 2019, Feb 20, 2019)

Please let us know if you agree to proceed with the case closure since this a error not related with our product.

Definitively, do not close until the issue is resolved.

I have proved that the Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver "BT-22.200.0-32-64UWD-Win10-Win11.exe" contains code related to these issues.

I have proved that the Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver "BT-22.210.0-64UWD-Win10-Win11.exe" contains code related to these issues too.

Looking forward to hearing from you. In case we do not get a response within the next 3 business days we will contact you back

Best regards,

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
DeeMentedBeauty
New Contributor I
My name is Dee. James took over my thread and is writing on it, as well as his own. I'm going to delete and start over as I would like help with my issue.

Thx
Steven_Intel

Hello DeeMentedBeauty,

I appreciate your patience on this matter.

Upon researching about this, please try performing a clean installation of the latest Bluetooth drivers available for your Intel wireless adapter. You can find and download the drivers in our Download Center (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/). 

Make sure to follow the clean installation instructions (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087250/wireless.html).

Let me know if the issue persists.

Best regards,

Steven G.

AlHill
Super User

@Steven_Intel A clean install may correct the install, but it does NOT correct the garbage in the install exe that simply should not be there, or why it displayed itself as it did.  This is not an answer.  The proper answer is to have the developer remove the garbage.

Copying @Ronny_G_Intel on this..

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

1d10t
New Contributor I

The Intel Bluetooth driver install file "BT-22.210.0-64UWD-Win10-Win11.exe" contains the same strings that were found in the Intel Bluetooth driver install file "BT-22.200.0-32-64UWD-Win10-Win11.exe". Please review the Source Code.

Will an Intel Developer check the following .cpp files:

appcore.cpp
array_s.cpp
auxdata.cpp
filecore.cpp
fileutil.cpp
memutil.cpp
oledrop2.cpp
oleipfrm.cpp
olestrm.cpp
PrintEula.cpp
strutil.cpp
viewcore.cpp
wcalog.cpp
wcautil.cpp
wcawrap.cpp
winctrl2.cpp
winfrm.cpp

//

Will an Intel Developer check the following .pdb files.

C:\agent\_work\8\s\build\ship\x86\uica.pdb
C:\Users\gjayap\HaraHaraMahDev\ibt_core-win-hsw\ibt_win_src\06-host_sw\win\bin\setupres\Release\Win32\setupENU.pdb
C:\Users\gjayap\Siva_06102020\ibt_core-win-hsw\ibt_win_src\06-host_sw\win\bin\setupres\Release\Win32\setupENU.pdb
D:\Jenkins\workspace\BCP_DEV\4597\Windriver\PHBTW8876\src\ibt_win_src\06-host_sw\win\bin\customactions\Release\Win32\customactions.pdb
D:\Jenkins\workspace\BCP_DEV\4597\Windriver\PHBTW8876\src\ibt_win_src\06-host_sw\win\bin\setup\Release\Win32\WirelessSetup.pdb
D:\jkp\workspace\SFX_BUILDER\865\SFX_BUILDER00989\Source\SFX_Builder\Release\SFX.pdb

//

The strange strings in the Bluetooth Driver install file "BT-22.200.0-32-64UWD-Win10-Win11.exe" .

c:/Users/gjayap/HaraHaraMahDev/ibt_core-win-hsw/ibt_win_src/06-host_sw/win/bin/setupres/Release/Win32/setupenu.dll
\BullseyeCoverageEnv.txt
BullseyeCoverage 8.25.21
Copyright (c) Bullseye Testing Technology
BullseyeCoverage 8.20.0
Cannot open error log. Check COVERR
test.cov
2: Wrong coverage file. Use same coverage file for building and running. Expected fileId=%x (%2). Object %1 (%x). Actual fileId=%x %s
2: Wrong coverage file. Use same coverage files for building and running. Expected fileId=%x (%2). Object %1 (%x)
3: File lock error on %s, errno=%u "%e"
4: Object missing. Path is %s fileId=%x. Object %1 (%x)
6: Corrupt file %s at %x
7: Object mismatch. Check coverage file is same one created when building. Path %s fileId=%x. Object %1 (%x). %u!=%u
8: atexit failed, errno=%u "%e"
13: Thread creation failed, errno=%u "%e"
15: Cannot find %s, errno=%u "%e". COVFILE is not set
16: Cannot open %s, errno=%u "%e"
17: Coverage file %s is empty. Set COVFILE to the coverage file created during instrumentation
18: Not a BullseyeCoverage file or wrong version: %s: '%s'
23: Memory corrupt in .bss %s %s
24: Memory corrupt in .const %s
25: Internal error
27: Invalid file descriptor
28: Wait for thread failed, errno=%u "%e"
29: read error on %s at %x, errno=%u "%e"
30: write error on %s at %x, errno=%u "%e"
31: seek error on %s at %x, errno=%u "%e"
32: close error on %s, errno=%u "%e"
33: memory allocation failure
Local\BullseyeCoverage--------
USERPROFILE
TMP
\BullseyeCoverageError.txt
ntdll.dll
DbgPrintEx
COVAUTOSAVE
COVFILELIST
COVFILE
error
. Program=
COVERR
(probe)
(check)
(count)
COVNOSAVE

//

0 Kudos
Steven_Intel

Many thanks all for your reply.

I will take the information provided and get back to you as soon as I have an update.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Tisha
Beginner

who has marked this as accepted solution ?

1d10t
New Contributor I
0 Kudos