Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7496 Discussions

PC can't detect the DualSense via Bluetooth

ghadycaracalla

I'm trying to pair my DualSense via Bluetooth on my PC but it's not detected at all. I'm using Windows 11 and I have the ROG Maximus Hero MB. I tried almost everything, checked for DualSense update, reinstalled Bluetooth driver, tried to install the version of the Bluetooth driver provided by Asus (I couldn't because Windows is reinstalling the latest version after restarting), tried to pair my other 3 DualSense controllers, updated Windows 11, installed that latest Windows 11 Bluetooth driver update (the one where they announce that they're gonna support DualSense controller even more to prevent connecting issues), fully charged the controllers, updated bios and many more methods I found on the internet... I'm so helpless guys, it's been a year since the first try, I don't know what to do more.......
PS: I can use it via USB cable. (wired)

1 Solution
RookieNet
Novice

Just an update after downgrading my drivers from 23.40.0.2 to below version, it started working I was able to pair. And also it is the same driver for Windows 10 and 11.

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz 23.20.0.4

Give that a try. 

Steps I did:
- Downloaded the driver from website (23.20.04) 
- Just ran the downloaded install, didn't require a restart. Make sure you have windows auto driver update turned off ( I believe this has now become optional updates at some point in 2020. I might be wrong on this, just double check)

If the above version doesn't work you can try older version of the driver as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
RamyerM_Intel

Hello ghadycaracalla, 

Thank you for posting in the communities. In order to help with the issue with the Bluetooth, we need to be more familiar with your system, as such, kindly please share with us your SSU logs. By the way, when you look in the device manager, are you seeing any yellow bang as well? This will help us identify any error message showing up. I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

ghadycaracalla

Hello, thanks for helping me! I attached all what you asked for. Also there's no yellow exclamation mark in device manager.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello ghadycaracalla, 

Thank you for sharing this logs. Before we proceed with some troubleshooting, Could you please confirm if the Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 came pre-installed in your ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO, or was it installed separately by you? Could you also show a screenshot of the components underneath the Bluetooth and Network Adapter of your device manager? 

I will be waiting for your reply. 

Ramyer M. 

ghadycaracalla

Yes it was pre installed in the MOBO, I only connected the Antenna that came with the MOBO. 

All my bluetooth devices are working properly, just the 4 DualSenses won't show in Windows Bluetooth Settings (scanning window). But they work via usb. 

0 Kudos
RookieNet
Novice

I am having same issues with my PC with my Gigabyte motherboards B660i's built-in Bluetooth device. Would keep an eye on this thread. In my case things were working fine before and this started happening recently. I am Windows 10
Update: I have the same device  Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211

ghadycaracalla

Did you succeed in pairing it before?

0 Kudos
RookieNet
Novice

Yes I was able to pair it before successfully. In my case it may be a bad driver update or a windows update. I may need to try rolling back the drivers. Also I believe there is a way to stop windows from automatically re installing the latest drivers.

0 Kudos
ghadycaracalla

I hadn't the chance to pair it unfortunately. Yeah I'll try that method (preventing Windows from updating a specific driver) and I'll install the latest driver on the manufacturer website. And also I'm gonna buy the uGreen Bluetooth Dongle 5.3.

0 Kudos
RookieNet
Novice

Just an update after downgrading my drivers from 23.40.0.2 to below version, it started working I was able to pair. And also it is the same driver for Windows 10 and 11.

Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz 23.20.0.4

Give that a try. 

Steps I did:
- Downloaded the driver from website (23.20.04) 
- Just ran the downloaded install, didn't require a restart. Make sure you have windows auto driver update turned off ( I believe this has now become optional updates at some point in 2020. I might be wrong on this, just double check)

If the above version doesn't work you can try older version of the driver as well.

0 Kudos
ghadycaracalla

Really?! I'm glad that it started working again! Could you please tell me which bluetooth driver version do you have?

0 Kudos
RookieNet
Novice

The version I have is 23.20.0.4 which is working for me. This is after downgrading from the latest driver version.

You can check your version by Downloading the utility suggested in earlier comments 
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html

Run the program after installing, you can select motherboard and networking and scan them. It will show you the versions you have.

Let me know which version you have ?

0 Kudos
ghadycaracalla

It is FINALLY WORKING!!!! Thank you bro!!!

I disabled automatic updates for drivers in the "Local Group Policy Editor" and uninstalled the bluetooth driver from the "Device Manager", restarted the PC and checked if the bluetooth driver is still V22.190.0.2 and it paired without any issues at all!!! I also paired a second one. I'm sooo happy! What a peace of mind lol.

Edit: I had V23.40.0.2 before. I can't believe that it was the driver!

0 Kudos
RookieNet
Novice

I am happy that it is working for you!! No need to invest in a Bluetooth dongle lol!

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello ghadycaracalla, 

I am happy to see that you are able to resolve the issue by following one of the recommendations of our community members. This is indeed the best way to foster a growing community. 

Seeing that the issue only happens with V23.40.0.2 , I hope it is ok if our team continue on investigating this internally to determined the cause of the issue. 

As for RookieNet, you are correct that there is a way to stop Windows from automatically updating the driver. You may check out this article: Windows* Update Keeps Rolling Back Graphics Driver to a Previous Version

Ramyer M. 

RamyerM_Intel

Hello ghadycaracalla, 

We are really happy to hear that you have already resolved the issue. 

To determine if this was an issue with our latest driver, we kindly as if you are willing to conduct a clean installation of the Bluetooth driver and install the version 23.40.0. This will help us identify if the issue is the driver.

As a resource, you may follow our article titled 'How to Perform a Clean Installation of Bluetooth Drivers' 

Let us know if you are willing for this step. I will be waiting for your reply. Thank you!

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos